Timex GPS watch? (Read 916 times)

Cause I CAN

Does anyone use this thing? I bought one but havent used it yet...
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
      The older versions were basically useless (2-3 years ago) - not sure if they made significant improvement. It is hard to justify the Timex watch when the GPS unit requires batteries and literaly all Garmin products have a rechargable battery. That is a huge cost/time savings. Plus the Garmin units are smaller with more features. My $.02 - get a Garmin - you will love it. Kevin
      Don't let the fat fool you .....
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Another big knock against the Timex's that I've read is the computer software end of it. Fairly lousy.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jeffdonahue

I had one a few years back (3-4 years now probably) and it was completely useless to me. It kept shutting off and losing the signal. I never got one accurate run out of it and just got frustrated during my runs instead. I hear that Garmins are nice though. I personally use the Nike+ pod with my Ipod nano and find it accurate enough for my needs.

Running Dad

I have one and have used it a few times already. It's not as fancy as the garmins but it does the job. I have one of the older models (last years I believe). Like any GPS system it's gonna have quirks.. I haven't lost a signal, even in tree covered areas and it displays some nifty info. The only problem I have with mine is that When I run I pretty much do an out and back where my turn is in the street so it doesn't count the distance from the turn, but I would expect any Garmin to do the same. I don't have the bodylink module to do the downloads and stuff so I can't comment on that. I will be using this weekend in it's first race so It'll be nice to see how it works in the real deal situation. hope this helps
            Things to do this year:
            Not get an injury
            Things done this year:
            Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

Cause I CAN

I looked at the germins but wasnt about to pay that much for it....thanks for the imput. My mom has been using it and seems to like it...
              Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
              http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                I personally use the Nike+ pod with my Ipod nano and find it accurate enough for my needs.
                Hey Jeff, Just wondering if this is still your view. I have one and also have a simple HRM watch, but am still considering a Garmin 305.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

RickyB

i just got a 305, this is the best thing ever!!!!!!!!! if you have problems with pace during a race buy a garmen problem solved!! also paceing my long runs too, you'll never go out to fast again. it's very accurate also. I ran a 5k last week in 18:44 (with tons of twists and turns) , when i finished it said taht i ran 3.1 miles in 18:45. can't get any better than that