Alternative to Perpetuem for Long Runs (Read 830 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I liked the Hammer products (HEED) b/c carbs are not just simple sugars (and tastes good) so thought I would try the endurance formula, Perpetuem. I just it running tonight in prep for a long run tomorrow and found the taste unpalatable. The protein in the mix also caused the powder to lump. Anyone use anything else for long runs of 18+ miles (other than Gatorade)? Trying to avoid gels, etc. and just use liquids for my running pack.

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

You'll ruin your knees!

I tried all the Hammer products and had issues with my stomach. I switched to Succeed's Clip2 (it is a powder mix) and have not looked back. I have even tried doubling the mix for a more concentrated drink with no issues (helps so I don't have to carry extra packets of powder on my longer runs/races). You can find it HERE. The Clip2 is formulated for longer stuff, but they have other products, as well. I have also found pricing to be much more reasonable than the Hammer stuff. Good luck, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)