New activity type with pace instead of speed... (Read 119 times)

gdskelly

Late Starter

Hi,

I've created a new activity type, Trail Run. I have several workouts identified as this activity. The summary and graphs list them with speed (km/h) instead of pace (min/km). I see I can choose pace for the graph individually, though it is not saved. I cannot see how to display the pace in the summary.

Is there a way to view the average pace for the workout on the summary instead of speed?

Is there a way to have pace as the default for my activity instead of speed?

Thanks!

mikeymike

I don't think so, currently. The "Run" activity type displays pace by default but any new activities you create *I think* default to speed.

Most of us would not consider "Trail Run" a separate activity type from "Run" so the log wasn't built to handle that.

Runners run

xhristopher

Most people log trail runs as a "workout type" of an activity, usually running. Perhaps you just didn't find that option? You can run reports for specific workout types of activities if you want to see it seperate from, or not included with, other types of runs.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

To be fair, I always though it was unfortunate that "trail runs" just get lumped together.  I mean, you could do hill workout, tempo, long or easy run all on Trails.  Though, I guess you could make "longrun - trails" a workout-type under running.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Trail runs are just a run on a trail. You have all the other types of runs you normally have - easy, hills, hill reps, tempo / subLT, etc. I usually just let my location tell me that it's a trail. Once you start splitting out surfaces, then you need to deal with snow and ice. Wink

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
            Birdwell

To be fair, I always though it was unfortunate that "trail runs" just get lumped together.  I mean, you could do hill workout, tempo, long or easy run all on Trails.  Though, I guess you could make "longrun - trails" a workout-type under running.

That's what I've done. I have easy-trail, long-trail, and hill-trail workouts and use them all regularly.

It's taken some time to figure out, but you can make the training log do almost anything you can imagine.

gdskelly

Late Starter

Sorry for taking so long to get back... I was out of town and returned to a death in the family.

I will create several workout types for the Run activity. In my mind it seems a trail run is a very different type of activity from a road run. Steeper hills, bogs / mud holes and water crossings, tricky footing, climbing, nights with headlamp etc., I'm sure you know...  Hard to say sometimes if what I do is a fast hike or slow run :-)

Thanks for all the useful replies!