Obstacle to running (Read 362 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Woke up this morning at 5am to get in my morning run with the guys. Got in my car to drive to the park. Turned on the ignition, started driving out my driveway like I have a million times before. I looked up ahead as I began to coast and this is what I saw in the predawn half light: Ummm. Slam on the brakes to be sure. Ummm...so anyhow a buddy picked me up so I could complete the run. Now trying to deal with a fallen tree across my driveway here on a Sunday. Up close:
      Well at least you got your run in!! Oh and Shocked at getting 6.4 miles in 1:05 minutes . DAMN FAST Tongue

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, got it in. Clearing the tree and chipping / grinding the stump came in at $250. It is a big old Bradford Pear and I don't have a chainsaw or the time. Sheesh. At least they came out on a Sunday! I slowed down a bit. Maybe next time.
          Perhaps some monkeys flew by your house last night and this is there way of asking for a dual?
          PWL

Has been

Slam on the brakes to be sure.
            Doesn't your car have a bumper? Just give it a push! Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."