Altitude Training Paces (Read 238 times)

xhristopher

(We are part of that global conspiracy.)

Global? I prefer Intergalactic.

I run the marathon til the very last mile
    If you battle me I will revile
    People always say my style is wild
    You've got gall you've got guile
    To step to me I'm a rapophile
    If you want to battle your in denial
    Coming from Uranus to check my style
    Go ahead put my rhymes on trial
    Cast you off into exile

sport jester

Biomimeticist

For all of the accusations that my claims are fabrication, is based on one parameter; that those who disbelieve my assertion also can't explain the women of Kenya and their ability to carry 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure either. If you can't duplicate such abilities defines why I'm at a different level of biomechanic discussion abilities.

If you think that fact is irrelevant, is your issue, not mine. Because in teaching the load bearing skill allows in application the same amount of added force load in forward propulsion. That's the biomechanic definition of increased speed.

Therefore, if you can't comprehend that science fact, then your criticism is a case of denial for you. And for all the accusations that my claim isn't true, have yet to put forth any factual evidence to prove it based on any fraud science in the first place.

That's the joke of it for me; that I have yet to meet a critic with any education higher than those of my supporters.

I'm still waiting for the first person with a clinical study prove my assertions wrong. Or as I like to say; calling me crazy is easy, proving it is impossible.

If you don't think running 20% faster is fully possible, then that's an ego issue, not a science one. I can assure you that I've already taught individuals with PhD's and have their professional reference to back me up.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Last I heard, science was based on fact.  In order to prove something the scientist measures, studies, and rules out false conclusions based on experiments that have both a control and test variable.  Scientists just don't come up with theories and expect everyone to accept them with no evidence of a controlled experiment.  Until it is proven by the scientist it is just a theory not a fact.  So let's hear about your controlled experiments, sample sizes for both control and test groups, length and method of study, and who independently validated your results.

I'm still waiting for the first person with a clinical study prove my assertions wrong. Or as I like to say; calling me crazy is easy, proving it is impossible.

In the end, we are all really asking for the same thing.  You want someone here to challenge you that you are wrong and many people here want evidence to show you are right.  Obviously you have done studies to show this 20% improvement.  Please point us in the right direction to support your theories and teachings.

Prince of Fatness

If you think that fact is irrelevant, is your issue, not mine.

No, it is actually your issue if your desire is to have more people follow your teachings.

Therefore, if you can't comprehend that science fact, then your criticism is a case of denial for you. And for all the accusations that my claim isn't true, have yet to put forth any factual evidence to prove it based on any fraud science in the first place.

There is no denial.  People are simply asking for examples of your claims being applied.  You are the one making claims.  Prove them.  Science is all well and good, but you need to show real life examples supporting your claims.  That's what people are asking for.

And people here are are still waiting for examples supporting your claims.

If you don't think running 20% faster is fully possible, then that's an ego issue, not a science one. I can assure you that I've already taught individuals with PhD's and have their professional reference to back me up.

Wrong again.  It is not an ego thing.  People just want to see examples.  There are enough runners on here that want to get better.  I'd bet that if you could provide proof through examples that you are onto something you'd get some people to entertain trying what you say.

Problem is that you come up with this tale of woe that no one listens to you because they think that you are crazy.  Let me ask a question.  When you call people pathetic morons, stupid, ignorant, etc., will they listen to you or will they tune you out?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Right.  No data, just insults.

The scientific method requires a hypothesis (like yours) to be tested and validated with data before being accepted.  You turn this on its head and throw out wild theories, with absolutely no data in all these years of doing so, and ridicule people for not accepting them.

There is a race of distance running ostriches that live under the gas clouds of Uranus.  Since you cannot prove me wrong, they must exist.  See, being a crackpot can be fun.

Data, data, data.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

In the end, we are all really asking for the same thing.  You want someone here to challenge you that you are wrong and many people here want evidence to show you are right.  Obviously you have done studies to show this 20% improvement.  Please point us in the right direction to support your theories and teachings.

Simple as this.

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)
                sport jester

Biomimeticist

Oh Princesses,

You see, science is a balanced game, which is what a forum is supposed to be about. Except you can't quote one study that proves your science better than mine...

That would be the gentlemanly way to go about this.

Funny that I can take a 2-9 football team to a 7-4 record pretty much sums up what I can do.

That Navy SEALs can figure out what I teach and write about it, pretty much sums up what I can do.

That I'm published by the NSCA pretty much sums up my coaching credibility in the circles which matter.

Not to mention I'm still waiting for anyone to post any article regarding your coaching abilities is why I laugh my ass off with every post you write.

So the fact you waste your time posting ridiculously stupid pictures, instead of searching for the clinical studies to prove me wrong, only validates your ignorance for me.

Isn't it funny that you can't prove your science is superior while for me finding the clinical studies proving your your stupidity is far too easy to do.

Not only can I call you an idiot, I can give you the science which backs me up.

Isn't it funny, that I can find more than a dozed clinical studies which prove any media published technique is a slower way to run and not one of you who challenge me can do the same for me????.

That a mid or forefoot landing regardless to technique name is based upon fraud science.

Especially since the moron Romanov is, when teaching the test group of this study himself couldn't hold up???????

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16195026

That the 180 step per minute crap of Daniels is also pure bullshit that can't hold up under scrutiny?

http://jap.physiology.org/content/89/5/1991.short

Not even the 10% rule that everyone barfs can stand up to scrutiny.

http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/36/1/33.abstract

Need I go on?????

And you think I'm the idiot?

Unfortunately, Its far easier for me to prove your incompetence than it is for you to prove mine.

That's called science.

You demand I publish a study???

They're called "PEER REVIEW" journals for a reason moron.

So if the question is the women of Kenya, and I can explain their ability and not one person anywhere on planet earth with a PHD in any field of exercise science can, then just exactly who are my peers??????

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I just read this thread backwards; I feel smarter already.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

I on the other hand feel like we are truly lucky to have ever shared some common imaginary space with with a peerless genius.

Prince of Fatness

Not only can I call you an idiot, I can give you the science which backs me up.

There is scientific proof that I am an idiot?  Wow!  Yes, please share!

Not at it at all. 

I on the other hand feel like we are truly lucky to have ever shared some common imaginary space with a peerless genius.

MTA did not mean to quote myself- wanted to correct grammar, because grammar is important

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Need I keep going?

http://jap.physiology.org/content/early/2013/05/13/japplphysiol.01437.2012.short

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24002340

Not to mention your fellow idiots who keep trying to explain the Kenyan women and yet still can't..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2193805

Oh  I forgot; this passes as science for you....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17933203

Not to mention that clinical journals have already declared improving speed and economy is impossible to do.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22779699

so by what definition of logic would they publish any study which proves their idiocy.

Prince of Fatness

Need I keep going?

http://jap.physiology.org/content/early/2013/05/13/japplphysiol.01437.2012.short

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24002340

Not to mention your fellow idiots who keep trying to explain the Kenyan women and yet still can't..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2193805

Oh  I forgot; this passes as science for you....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17933203

Not to mention that clinical journals have already declared improving speed and economy is impossible to do.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22779699

so by what definition of logic would they publish any study which proves their idiots.

tl;dr

Please just cite the part that proves that I am an idiot.  The Cliff Notes version.  Thanks.

Not at it at all.