Interested in Joining a Mileage Game? (Read 259 times)

Zelanie

The 2017 in 2017 game is open for player sign ups!  

The 2017in2017 Club is a group of runners looking to achieve a mileage goal (of any amount) for the coming year. If you've had trouble reaching mileage targets in the past or need a little extra push to get you where you would like to be, this club can help! This is the ninth year running (pardon the pun) and it has become an institution of sorts across various forums. With fellow members supporting them, many runners revised their lower mileage goals and reached goals that they never would have dreamed of.

Additionally, the 2017in2017 Club has an optional team competition ("Head2Head") with members randomly assigned to teams with approximately equal balance (members & goal miles). The idea here is to help runners develop friendships, support each other, and have a little friendly competition. Our experience is that smaller groups organized as teams are very helpful in encouraging members to stick to their goals.

What do you get with your membership?

• Weekly updates posted on RA with stats such as; weekly average needed to reach your goal, average weekly mileage, miles remaining, etc.
    • An enthusiastic and supportive group of runners to help you reach your goals.

What do we ask from you?

• A full year commitment to the game. Maintaining consistent participation is crucial for team balance and camaraderie.
    • A realistic mileage goal. Hopefully something that is challenging, but attainable. We use the goals to help make balanced teams, and nobody likes a ringer. After January 1, you'll be able to adjust your goal one time before June 30, if needed.
    • Keep your running log up-to-date. If you don't keep your day-to-day running log on Running Ahead, we ask that you log on and track your total miles for the previous week no later than the following Tuesday.
    • Give advanced notice (PM to your team captain or a game admin) if you will be on an extended vacation, leave of absence, or need to be placed on Injured Reserve (IR). If you are in one of these categories you will not have to worry about updating you log. Members who have not been in contact with their team captain or game admins and haven't updated their log for 3 consecutive weeks (or 2 weeks at the start of the year) will be moved to individual status for the remainder of the year.

Important Notes

• You can sign up as a team member or an individual. If you're an individual and a team has an opening due to losing a player, you may have the option to join a team mid-year, if you choose.
    • Decisions made or opinions expressed by the game admins are not necessarily those of RunningAHEAD, LLC, which is providing hosting for the game but NOT overseeing day to day operations. Also, running is dangerous and stuff. Please don't do anything that could compromise your health for the sake of a game!
    Zelanie

Last day to sign up if you want to be on a team is Dec. 20!

keeponrunning

Glad you bumped this-- I completely missed it the first time!!!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

#artbydmcbride

That's today!!!!!     arrrrrgghhhhhhh!

Runners run

paulski66

miscreant

I would only be willing to do this if Ilene were doing it.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

No worries - you don't have to run all of your miles today.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone,  but Ilene is signed up.

kittenkatkk

English Villain

100% off-topic
                  kittenkatkk

English Villain

for obvious reasons
                    xhristopher

Shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone,  but Ilene is signed up.

And she's on my team!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

But not too late to sign up as an individual. If you want to be added to a team,  we will be adding runners to teams as soon as possible. Let the admins know and we'll add you to the list.

Harbourboy

Plenty of people dropped out last year so good chance of individuals getting drafted during this year.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run