Clear out your history on your Garmin Forerunner (Read 497 times)

an amazing likeness

Did you try a soft (or hard) reset of your Forerunner to reset it?

Aargh, I saw the link and decided it had been a while since I had updated my Garmin, so I went there.  The ANT Agent has downloaded the update, but the update to the watch keeps failing.  It tries again every 1 minute and keeps failing, plus my watch keeps vibrating every minute.  I have an email in to support, but it's the weekend.  Anybody experience this before?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Supersono99

What I didn't mean to imply was "automatically" as you describe about Garmin Connect. (which I don't experience. In GC I have to click on an "upload" link in the upper right).

What I was sharing was that in your RA log, you should be able to click on "Upload from GPS" and have the data come in directly.

Ok Smile

Zelanie

Did you try a soft (or hard) reset of your Forerunner to reset it?

What I had to do was update the ANT agent and then tell it to stop trying to update the watch.  The watch is saying it has the most up to date version, even if the website says I still have an update.  More importantly, it's not vibrating on the cradle every one minute.

Oh, and for the record, tech support got back to me today even though it's a Saturday, with several specific steps of things to try. Smile

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Many of the Forerunner models have the ability to easily delete anything older than 30 days (Menu > History > Run > Delete > Keep 30 days > ok)

For the Forerunner 110/210, Garmin says do this:

1. Press and hold page/menu button until menu appears
          2. Select OK on History
          3. Press up or down button to locate activity to be deleted
          4. Press start/stop and lap/reset simultaneously
          5. Release on buttons once Delete Activity message appears
          6. Press OK on Yes
          7. A message Delete all activities? will appear*
          8. If wanting to delete all activities, select Yes

I don't know why I can't remember this, but I love that this thread is here for me each time I do.

Hoban-Jay

I just open it like a USB drive, and delete all the activites.  You can delete everything else in the same manner...if you so desire.