New Balance Shoes (Read 1217 times)

Everyone, I need to get a new pair of shoes...prefer NB because I have always had good luck with them and because I can go the NB Factory (Lawrence, MA) not too far from my house to buy them...... I need to find a good neutral running shoe (or possible mild pronating) --- but I like LOTS OF CUSHION!!! Shocked Shocked Any ideas on a good shoe or two that I should check out???? I'd like to research them before I get there so I can purchase from a position of knowledge (for a change).... Thanks, John A

Champions are made when no one is watching

IMKY13 finish!!

John; I use the New Balance 1061 and I love them. They are a neutral + shoe, and have lots of cushioning. Unfortunatly they are discontinued and replaced by the 1062's. I bought so many 1061's at discontinued (and discounted) prices that I have yet to try the 1062's. I am on my last pair of 1061's and will be trying the 1062's shortly. I have heard that the 1062's are even better (and lighter) than the 1061's. Hope that helps. MTA: web-site: http://www.newbalance.com/running/footwear/MR1062/

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Hey John, +1 for the NB 1062`s. I wore out a pair of 1061`s last winter, ( I rotate between Mizunos and the NB), that I used on long runs. Very stable platform and well fitting. The 1062`s did not disappoint. I only have a couple of weeks worth of miles on them. But so far, I`m very happy with them. Good luck in your search!
        "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."
          One other thing....just for comparison's sake.... What would be the Asics equivilant to the NB 1061??? Thanks....John

In my experience the Gel Nimbus would be the equivilent of the 1061 and 1062. It is quite a bit heavier. That and the price is the main reason that I switched over the NB`s. It seems to me that the Asics has a little more support in the arch. But the last version I ran in was the 8`s. You`ll probably get some better ideas from others.
            "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."
              I wear 1062s. They were my first buy after being injured with an achilles problem which I'm sure was caused by my old (not NB) shoes. I've been very happy with them (but my mileage is currently minute, so I don't know how they would stand up to heavier mileage). I went to a race last week with a woman from my running club and she was also wearing the 1062s - she also loves them.
                I need to find a good neutral running shoe (or possible mild pronating) --- but I like LOTS OF CUSHION!!! Shocked Shocked
                Thanks for posting this...this is exactly what I need too...and am not completely sold on my Mizuno Wave Riders (used to wear Asics Nimbus 8's...loved them, hate what came after)...I think I might try the NB 1062 next!
                  I have been running in NB 768 since April and the 1224 since October. The 1224 is my favorite shoe, lots of cushioning. Bob htto://bobrunner.blogspot.com
                    I have been running in NB 768 since April and the 1224 since October. The 1224 is my favorite shoe, lots of cushioning. htto://bobrunner.blogspot.com
                    I'm looking to replace my NB1223 which have 425 miles on them....They are still Ok for me so I expect to get a few more weeks on them. the 1223 and 1224 have great cushion (your right), but they are serious stability shoes and on my right foot, the arch support rub in the wrong place...so I am looking for something that doesnt have as much stability control but still has a lot of cushion... That and the NB1224 are in the $130 range (UGH, running isnt suppose to be expensive). I have some Brooks defiance and some Vitruvian classics but both have a lack of cushion and for me are only good for 4 to 5 miles.. When i hit he long days (10 +) I need something better........so this is what I am trying to do......find a more neutral shoe, that has cushion and doesnt require a second mortgage on my house or a special line of credit just to buy them.......that i can wear on my longer runs, in races and on the occassinal day when i go to the track..... It seems to keep coming back to the 1062's which i think I will try out........

IMKY13 finish!!

It seems to keep coming back to the 1062's which i think I will try out........
                      Let us know what you think on them. I'm probably gonna go to Fleet Feet and check out the 1062's over the weekend.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Let us know what you think on them. I'm probably gonna go to Fleet Feet and check out the 1062's over the weekend.
                        I will -- I might make a trip to the NB Factory Outlett on Saturday (Its suppose to be raining anyway) and am going try a variety of shoes.....NB 1062, 893, 826, 768, 805, 840 adn 757 all look to have some potential, but again, the front runner still seems to be the NB 1062... If I go this weekend, Ill let you know.....and thanks for the suggestions from everyone... Smile Big grin Wink Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I will -- I might make a trip to the NB Factory Outlett on Saturday (Its suppose to be raining anyway) and am going try a variety of shoes.....NB 1062, 893, 826, 768, 805, 840 adn 757 all look to have some potential, but again, the front runner still seems to be the NB 1062...
                          I wouldn't even try the 805. It's not cushy. It's closer to a racing flat and designed for speedwork. Nice shoe, but not for what you're looking at.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Off topic a bit... Last night 2 of the guys from our running group were wearing some prototype shoes from Avia...they looked pretty good and both gave some high praises. The shoes will come out in February. I have been a fan of Avia crosstraining shoes but have never tried any of their running shoes. Now I can add Avia's right behind the Asics that I will try next time.
                              I wouldn't even try the 805. It's not cushy. It's closer to a racing flat and designed for speedwork. Nice shoe, but not for what you're looking at.
                              Thks Kirsten --- I petty much went to the NB web and wrote down the ones the 'seemed' ok,.......but of course once you put the shoe on - you usuallly know (right away)....

jules2

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.