London Marathon Race Report (Read 1351 times)

WOO HOO!!! Big grin Big grin Freckles, you ROCKED it!!!! I'm so so so proud of you!!! I'm wiping tears away still. Best race report EVER!! It has been so much fun "virtual training" with you for our first marathons. You were incredible for running through that rain and hail - way to HTFU!! Love the picture with you and your dad too. I can only imagine how proud he must be of you today and all the progress you've made over the last few years. Thanks so much for sharing this story. Have a great (and well-deserved) vacation! Congratulations on becoming a marathoner!! --When do you want to get together and run one of these things with Zoomy and I?? Big grin

Another Passion

A most hearty CONGRATULATIONS, Marathoner Lorna! You did so well! Your physical transformation is totally remarkable and your ability to have run this marathon so consistently a testament to your discipline, hard work, and heart! And, I totally understand the inspiration you felt in the midst of your race from our running friends here at RA because I had those same feelings and moments in my own race yesterday. I couldn't have done it either without the awesome folks here at RA. Thank you for sharing your experience and the great pics, especially the one of you and your father! Well done and congratulations again! Bask in the glory of this monumental accomplishment you have achieved and enjoy your holiday!

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Wow!!!! You are amazing!!!! What a metamorphosis in one year. Shocked Great report.... Congratulations on becoming a marathoner!! I had thought about tyring London one day, but it sounds pretty brutal, especially the tunnel... might have to re-think that. Good luck in future marathons!
          Awesome report! Fantastic pics! Thank you so much for sharing! What an inspiration! Big grin
            Sorry, double post.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

WOW! Cue watery eyes, that is some journey you have made! For a moment I did not realise the "before" was you.. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Sandi Sue

That was one of the inspirational race reports I've read in a while. Congratulations freckles. Good on ya.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Very nicely done Lorna!!! Way to knock the socks off of your first marathon!
                  http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Outside Lane

I saw this first thing this AM and now I am getting around to replying. Congrats on a great race - and you wrote one entertaining and graphically complete race report - I really enjoyed it. Your run is inspiring and you deserve all the honor and praise that I am sure you will get. Way to go.

See how they run...

milkbaby

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! GREAT job and a TERRIFIC race report! With that guy messing around in the tunnel, no wonder everybody was crying and throwing up! Maybe over there things are different, but in the States a guy usually gets arreested for that sort of thing... Smile
                      "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -- William Lloyd Garrison "The marathon is an art; the marathoner is an artist." -- Kiyoshi Nakamura

Dog-Love

Freckles: Awesome job and you really have come quite far. Great to read your report
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Non ducor, duco.

Awesome. When I saw the picture of you and your dad I thought, "what a cool legacy you all have to give to your family members!" Thanks for sharing your story!

Lazy idiot

Awesome job, Freckles. That was a great report, and a great race. Congratulations!

Tick tock

You totally ROCK!!! I am teary-eyed, and I don't even know you. Very inspirational report, and what an amazing transformation.
                              Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You are an inspiration, Freckles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST THE PROCESS