So long, Steve. (Read 2110 times)

bhearn

Steve Jobs’s Resignation Letter to Apple

I only met Steve Jobs once -- over a negotiating table -- but he left a big impression on me, above and beyond the image of him I already had. And that image goes way back: I started on an Apple II, serial #1028, in 1977.

I guess we all knew this day had to come, but I wish it could have waited longer.

Thanks for everything, Steve.

Feeling the growl again

I have close family working there....I expect I'll hear how the employees are taking it.

Knowing the general gist of his health problems, what has been publicized, I sincerely hope he decided he was ready to take more time for himself and family, and not forced into this by dire health reasons.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xor

I was never an Apple guy, so the personal impact on me is less... but I can admire greatness when I see it.

Plus.  Here's a dude who was forced out.  The company wanders around in the desert for awhile and he goes off and putters with some really cool stuff (NeXT).  Then, he returns like superman and saves the company.  And not through shenanigans, but through some really interesting products (and in itunes case, services)... some of which were game changers and or outright made up a new game.

Bad ass.

Is it time to sell my Apple stocks?

bhearn

Time to buy.

Mr Play

Wow.  It had to be a tough decision for him, but I give him credit for putting aside his pride and stepping down while he's still able.  Cancer sucks.

Feeling the growl again

Wow.  It had to be a tough decision for him, but I give him credit for putting aside his pride and stepping down while he's still able.  Cancer sucks.

Not sure I'd buy right now...it's run up pretty far and fast...at least wait until the post-Jobs knee-jerk dip.  I'm not sure there is any other single person as tied to the brand and value of a company as Steve Jobs.

Eh.  I don't own Apple stock.  I just wish the guy the best of luck dealing with the medical issues.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Man, that's too bad.  As SRL said (or alluded to), even if you're not an Apple fan, you have to admire the great things he's done for Apple, the industry and for us consumer.  What's he's done to reinvent Apple when all they had was a floundering PC business is remarkable. 

I know  he's not dead yet, but his resignation reminds of the Randy Pausch situation, and "The Last Lecture":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

xor

This is currently one of the stories of the front page of ....espn.com

mikeymike

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” [Stanford commencement speech, June 2005]

Runners run

Imminent Catastrophe

Duplicate post. Move along.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

Compare Apple Computer 1996 to Apple 2011. If you ever doubted that one person could make a difference, here's your proof. Take a look around and see how much he has changed our lives. That wasn't Apple, that was Steve Jobs. Sent from my iPad

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

xor

Duplicate post. Move along.

Also sent from your ipad.

(sorry, had to do it)

Imminent Catastrophe

Also sent from your ipad.

(sorry, had to do it)

Pilot error.

xor

Pilot error.

OOO!

Were you flying at the time???  I hear that ipads in the cockpit are a-ok now.  Or something.