Mix in Maltodextrin to Water? (Read 107 times)

RunningBadger

Hi, I am trying to find a good source to buy pure maltodextrin so that I can mix it into water instead of buying sports drink. Does this even make sense? AND do you know of a good cheap source?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Table sugar works just as well.

GC100k

Brewery store or online:

lmgtfy

Hoban-Jay

Natural foods stores.  Cooking supply stores.  Even some normal everyday mega-mart grocery stores.

RunninOnion

Glucose and maltodextrin impact the body differently  - glucose requires more water to pass through the stomach/small intestine walls compared to a higher order carb.

Head over to energygelcentral.com and you can pick up raw ingredients for energy gels as well as two types of premix (caffeine vs no caffeine)

I bought one bag of each a couple of weeks ago but won't be using for another few weeks or else I'd write up a "trip report" on it.

RunningBadger

I found malto in bulk here: http://mikesmixrecoverydrink.com/buy-products/#m

A local company, I met this guy at a race and he was willing to talk to me forever about nutrition. He has a cheap sports drink as well.

kjkranz

I buy malto from amazon by the pound Smile

RunningOnTheWhiteLine.com

Social Media Coordinator @ SKORA Running