Trail-running shoes (Read 1022 times)

after surviving a couple of runs on moderately hilly trails in my regular running shoes (asics cumulus), i think i'm ready to commit to buying a pair of trail-running shoes. can someone who is familiar with them point me twds what i should be looking for?
      I like the Asics 2120, but if you go to a real running store, they can help you find the best fit for your gait and foot. My first trail shoe was a Vasque Blur, which I liked, but didn't love. I'll be getting the Asics again in a few here, since I really like them. I like light weight shoes. I happen to need alot of toe room, a durable toe fabric (my big toe pokes holes through socks and shoe material very quickly). You may want gore-tex to keep your feet dry, you may not. The tread will be good on most trail shoes, especially if your just starting out. I've heardf that lots of runners use their favorite road shoes on the trails. I believe that a good heel fit is more important in a trail shoe, although I couldn't tell you why. Perhaps it's because your foot is being planted in so many different angles on the ground, and maybe it prevents rolling an ankle. Take the advice of experts at a good running store, and see whay feels the best.
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
        thanks trails2run. i tried out a couple of trail shoes (asics 2120 was one of them) at the running store (they didnt have a big selection). finally came home with nike pegasus trail, hope it works out. all the shoes i tried felt a lot stiffer than my regular running shoes, and heavier. so i guess thats what a trail shoe is supposed to be.
          I know ASICS and New Balance make trail running shoes. You might want to check the following too... Montrail Shoes Keen Shoes

Vim

mbk

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

all the shoes i tried felt a lot stiffer than my regular running shoes, and heavier. so i guess thats what a trail shoe is supposed to be.
              You might want to check out innov-8. They make very lightweight trail shoes that have been getting good reviews among adventure racers and such.
              Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

Imminent Catastrophe

Inov-8 makes some really great shoes. They're built from the ground up as trail shoes, not adaptations of a road shoe. I have Terrocs and love them. They have models for every type of terrain and most are very lightweight. www.inov-8.com

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I have some North Face Arnuvas and some Inov-8 roclite shoes. I'm very happy with both.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I have... Inov-8 roclite shoes.
                    I have these shoes and love love love them. Inov-8's tend to be more minimalist shoes but the roclites are a bit beefier... Can't say enough good about them. This pair is also featured in the newest Running Times (which also gives it a good review) along with many other trail shoes.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

I have these shoes and love love love them. Inov-8's tend to be more minimalist shoes but the roclites are a bit beefier... Can't say enough good about them. This pair is also featured in the newest Running Times (which also gives it a good review) along with many other trail shoes.
                      You can fold them in half and put them in your pocket. 'nuff said...

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)