How soon do you check your race results online? (Read 736 times)

I just ran a half marathon this morning and it's 5:40 and the website STILL DOESN'T have the results up! Is this normal? I mean, every single race I have run has always had results up by this time of day. I'm sorta ticked off about it, LOL! Evil grin

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the results from the Grand Rapids Marathon/Half were up around supper time. Drove me out of my friggin' skull! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

hey, is that you in that skirt? ::whistles:: that is a super cute skirt too!

Jennifer mm#1231

oh, I did the Carlsbad Half Marathon and 5 minutes ago, it was still not posted. I'm kinda peeved. When I did the RnR, the results were up by 3pm!

Jennifer mm#1231

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

As a race director of a small marathon, I pride myself in getting results up ASAP. But that meant 4PM, after we finished race takedown at 3PM. Most races, unless they have live tracking, have a ton of things to do before they can get around to putting the results up. There is takedown, awards, vetting the results, waiting until every runner can be accounted for, etc. You generally know your marathon finish time down to within a few seconds when you cross the finish line anyway. Until just a couple years ago, you would not know your official time until you got your certificate in the mail 4-8 weeks later.

Now that was a bath...

Tell me about it. My race was 2 days ago and no sign of the resulting times yet. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                I finally emailed them late last night and got a reply this morning. THe results are on ANOTHER website! Evil grin How totally (*$*(%*^(%$^*#)(%(&#(*$ LAME! The pre race paper they gave us said the results would be at the race site. IN MOtion SUCKS!

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

I check the day after. For local races, they usually take about 2-4 days, depending (sometimes more like 2-3 WEEKS). Bigger races can be about the same, usually I get some sort of email telling me when the times are up.
                  RunningHammer

I'm normally surprised if it's anything under a day - i suppose there's a lot of admin involved in running an event so I guess a couple of days would be sufficient time to get something online. With a big event i ran last October (18,000 runners) i felt the times were uploaded too early. They seemed to be altering the data after it had been uploaded which meant my final position kept changing (i guess as they amended records for the other runners)

madness baby

Hey lifesabeach, I did the Carlsbad half yesterday too. What did you think of the race? I was just about to search for the results, too. What site did they point you to?
                      deb
                        they posted results at www.runraceresults.com how'd you like it? So far, I really like the AFC...it's the easiest, LOL! Silver Strand was boring, San Dieguito is non stop hills and this one was just one big hill after another. I'm such a wimp. That's what I get for training at the bay...my only *hills* are over a bridge or 2. Tongue I did pr...I beat my last hm by over 3 minutes and my last pr (2006 AFC) by well over a minute. 1:47:19 So, I was happy to see those numbers. My garmin was only one second off this time.

Jennifer mm#1231

and yanno...every race I've done here in San Diego has had results by mid day. IN fact, the Rock n Roll marathon results were up by 3:30 and that was late in comparison. Even little po-dunk races by Kathy Loper Events get put up same day. I guess I'm just spoiled. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

madness baby

Thanks, I found my results. We hung out in the massage tent, so I did find out my chip time then, but was just curious about my standings. I didn't win Sad ha! Congrats on your PR! It was my first half, so I don't have anything to compare it to, except for a 5K and 10K in the LA area this fall. I thought the course was beautiful, and that's specifically why I chose it for my first half. That and the "no hills" advertising, which, by the way, wasn't true. But, none of them were bad. The roads were slanted, though, and that caused the only pain I really had. I was absolutely wiped out last night and now I am sick with a cough and chills. I do feel like I gave it my all, though, and am proud of that.
                            deb
                              I couldn't figure out where they were posting results post race so I left. The massage tent? grrr! sounds like you had a great race...bummer you didn't win...your division? That would be so cool! Maybe next time? I'm sure experience will prepare you for next time. Wink Sorry about the sickies today!

Jennifer mm#1231

Now that was a bath...

Well after three days I got fed up of waiting and emailed the race director to ask when they were posting the times/results. The answer... Hi Claire We hope to have the results on our web site later this week or early next Regards Ian Poo. It could be another week! They know how to torture a girl don't they. Claire xxx
                              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.