Why the Kenyans are so fast (Read 693 times)

Don't have to run; I walk at 9MPH

Lolooooilllllhdhdgdg

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Lolooooilllllhdhdgdg

Can you say the same? Or are you just one more internet idiot?????

If you truly think you know more about running than I do, then it should be simple for you to accomplish as well. Or better yet, walk faster than I can...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Lolooooilllllhdhdgdg

And Nader can type at 25mph.

But there is some sacrifice in the area of literacy.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Don't have to run; I walk at 9MPH

For how long?  That's 6:40/mi pace = a 5k in 20:43.  Care to point us to any online race results?

Barstool bullshit, pompous pontification, asinine assumptions, cranial crap, ...

Reminds me of this guy:

Then again, "pusillanimous puppet" was this guy:

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

SShaw490

SShaw490

1. Hungry athletes do better than rich ones.

2. Poor athletes see sport as a job, not a passion. They are much more likely to be willing to use PEDs than western athletes Because that's part of the job.

3. Athletes whose family lineage includes centuries of people who stayed alive by their ability to run, are normally going to be very good runners.

Why is this a surprise?

GC100k

For how long?  That's 6:40/mi pace = a 5k in 20:43.  Care to point us to any online race results?

If he can hold that for 50k he'd be Olympic champion.

GC100k

1. Hungry athletes do better than rich ones.

2. Poor athletes see sport as a job, not a passion. They are much more likely to be willing to use PEDs than western athletes Because that's part of the job.

3. Athletes whose family lineage includes centuries of people who stayed alive by their ability to run, are normally going to be very good runners.

Why is this a surprise?

And people from the Rift Valley are the only people in the world who are poor and run.  Why didn't anyone else think of that?

What if people are poor and western, do they use PEDs?  Or not poor and not western?

They are much more likely to be willing to use PEDs than western athletes Because that's part of the job.

Kenyan runners get drug tested with higher frequency than others because everyone else is always squawking that it must be the only way they could win all the time.  There's no evidence that they use PEDs any more than any other athletes.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Can you say the same? Or are you just one more internet idiot?????

If you truly think you know more about running than I do, then it should be simple for you to accomplish as well. Or better yet, walk faster than I can...

Yes.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

SShaw490

SShaw490

And people from the Rift Valley are the only people in the world who are poor and run.  Why didn't anyone else think of that?

What if people are poor and western, do they use PEDs?  Or not poor and not western?

They're one of the few groups of impoverished people in the world that has built an industry around running, with coaches, doctors and scientific training techniques. You add in their genetic predisposition for distance running, and you have a pretty good formula for success.

SShaw490

SShaw490

Kenyan runners get drug tested with higher frequency than others because everyone else is always squawking that it must be the only way they could win all the time.  There's no evidence that they use PEDs any more than any other athletes.

I doubt any athlete in history was tested more than Lance Armstrong. And it's not a matter of using MORE PEDs, it's a matter of using them smarter.

My real sporting passion is motocross. Those races are very gruelling - it's like running two fast 10Ks in one day, about two hours apart. It used to be a pacing sport - "How fast can I go and finish without fading?" Now it's an all-out sprint, wide open from the gate drop to the checkered flag. What happened when the sport changed complexion? Pro riders started hiring cycling trainers. I'm not saying they're all PED users, but you can bet many of them are, at least in the build up phase of the off season.

Or as Einstein once defined crazy, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..."

And yet you keep coming back here expecting us to laud your genius and greatness. Face it: we're stupid and you're crazy.

Of course the Kenyan women are just as inefficient without the weight.

So Kenyan women with walk just like us without loads, but run like they are bearing loads? How do you explain the Kenyan men?

So how do each generation of women learn the skill if their mothers can't describe it or teach it?

Where did they learn the skill in the first place?

Mimicking the load bearing skill for me is easy.

Describing how they do it is also easy because they utilize a completely different principle of balance than you do.

The real question is why you don't have the guts to try it...

I think you've confused this site with loadbearingwalkingahead.com. They'll probably be more receptive to your message.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

sbpbrent

Ludwig Classic Maple

Where did you get this?  If you read back, I was pointing out that Frank Shorter talked about Kenyan testing essentially being a donated testing bus.  He once headed US-Anti Doping.  I would think he had pretty good information. In addition, it's supervised year round testing that catches cheats - not pre-race testing.  From what I heard Shorter say, that isn't happening.

Marathon PR: 3:25:35 Fall Classic, 2014

1/2 Marathon PR: 1:35:59, Mt. Sneffels Half Marathon, 2014

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Kenyan women with walk just like us without loads, but run like they are bearing loads? How do you explain the Kenyan men?

That's easy;

Running speed is determined by force application to the ground as well as stride length and turnover rates as popularly stated.

And conventional training doctrine states that ground force application is equal to how much weight you can lift.

So the ability to modify one's gait to lift an additional 20% of one's bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure is also a 20% greater force application to the ground. Its the transition of the stress of lifting weight to the stress of pushing off with greater force.

Hence higher speed.

Oh, and they also don't overstride like you do either, which is why I can walk at 9MPH and you can't.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Let us remind ourselves....

If you think I'm writing for the posters of this forum you're nuts....

This is my entertainment, what I do when I work on other computer projects.

This is a waste of our energy....

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life