And in other (frickin' crazy) news ... (Read 773 times)

JakeKnight

Hey, uh, when all you wusses and nancy boys get done bragging about your cute little 10-ks and half marathons and marathons ... ... go check out JLynnBob's log and take a peek at what he did last Saturday (and didn't even bother to mention, by the way). The link to his log, for the terminally lazy: http://runningahead.com/log.aspx?eid=7629ca24cf1544398105c91d360831a7 If you're confused at first (I was ... but I'm easily confused), click on the actual workouts to see what he did - and WHY. Click on both workouts and you'll figure it out. JLynnBob left handy notes for the perpetually nosy. (If you need help - once you're at his log - click on "workouts" - then click on "action" for each in the far right column). Then pick your jaw up off the floor. What a nut job. Dean Karnazes better watch out - He's got competition. Modified to add: and in case you missed it, take note that he *ALSO* managed a PR in the actual event. I repeat: what a loon. Clearly in need of some serious meds and a long nap. Modified yet again: No he didn't; that was last year. Told you I confuse easy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, Lynn... Last week I made a "Brag Box" category in the Virtual Races with YOU in mind, buddy. Next weekend, why don't you drop us a line at http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html... Wink Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Owie. And I thought *my* legs were angry. That's amazing! WTG, JLynn! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm still waiting for JLynnBob to sign up for the Monkey...probably too short and easy. Oh well.
          Scout7

So wait, let me get this straight....He got up at 3 to run the loop once before the race, then ran the race..... I think I've found my new hero!

You'll ruin your knees!

Nope, the hero on Saturday was the lady shaped like a question mark when she crossed the finish line, the friend who has taken most of this year off running so he could be a better dad who crossed the finish line, the young lady who gave it her best shot, but couldn't manage the entire distance cause her knee was screaming at her... you get the theme... I am the lucky one who God has blessed greatly. I thank Him for allowing me to enjoy his creation on my feet! Although I must admit that a little part of His creation about scared the pants off of me at about 4 am in the dark, dark woods, kinda swampy...group of feral hogs...YIKES! Shocked...luckily, they were more scared than me... BTW, I met a new friend who is training for a 24 hour race coming up in November. She put in 85 miles this weekend and beat me in the 50K by 30 minutes! It just so happens that Dean K himself will be at the 24 hour race too! I'll be there running with Dean! Perhaps pics to come! The 24 hour event is the 24Hour National Championship race and will determine what athletes represent the US in the international competition. Take care, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of Dean K, he ran the same race that Eryn and I just did (only he did the full Mary)...we never saw him, though. It would be neat to run *with* him. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

She put in 85 miles this weekend and beat me in the 50K by 30 minutes! It just so happens that Dean K himself will be at the 24 hour race too! I'll be there running with Dean! Perhaps pics to come! The 24 hour event is the 24Hour National Championship race and will determine what athletes represent the US in the international competition.
                  Hiya, Lynn. Here's the funny part about this post: last night I couldn't sleep, and was laying in bed re-reading part of Karnazes' book. As I'm sure you know, he makes a habit of your little trick ... running some pretty serious distances before races even start. Like running 30 miles to the start of the San Fran marathon, then pulling off a 3:15 or so ... So after reading a part where he was describing that, I sat down to take a look at your log out of idle curiosity ... and discovered you've developed a similar habit. The serendipity of the moment was interesting. And yes, I said serendipity. I'd say I'm sorry for snooping on your log ... and sorry for publicizing it ... but I'd be lying. So I won't say it. Wink Well done, my friend. I look forward to following in your (many, many) footsteps.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Go Pre!

That's just nutty. Impressive...nutty. Very impressive. Very nutty. Way to go. JLynn and may we all appreciate our blessed health and abilities to accomplish what we can enjoying it all the while. Dave

You'll ruin your knees!

I'm still waiting for JLynnBob to sign up for the Monkey...probably too short and easy. Oh well.
                      I'd run 50 miles to avoid a flying monkey! Janell, thanks for the "special" category! I feel "special". I'll have to think of something really "special" to report in the Thanksgiving edition of the VR - is the weekend before turkey day OK? Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'd run 50 miles to avoid a flying monkey! Janell, thanks for the "special" category! I feel "special". I'll have to think of something really "special" to report in the Thanksgiving edition of the VR - is the weekend before turkey day OK? Lynn B
                        For you? Anything. Just let me know. Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...