2010 goals completed/not completed (Read 1133 times)

keeponrunning

Who here completely some/all of your 2010 goals?  

To get started, I completed my goal time in the half mile, completed a triathlon, and I broke 50 in the 10k. How bout everyone else?  It also appears, barring serious injury, that I will run my goal number of kilometers this year (1500km)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

completed most goals for year.

Mileage- goal  1400    currently at 1660 (last yr 1064)

100 mpm- all 12 months, streak currently at 17

pr's- over 50 age pr's at all distances attempted: 5k, 8k, 10k, HM   set pr's but did not hit time goals except for HM.

HM- complete at least 1 in under 2 hrs.. Actually completed 2.  1:45:35     and  1:43:50.   Last ran in race of HM distance or greater in 1982.

improvement in AG placings.  Check, slowly moving up the charts, & had 4 AG placings in top 3.

continue to enjoy running & switching things up- double check!

Feeling the growl again

My original goal (though changed a couple times during the year) was to get 2000 miles in.  It looks like I should just get 3000.  Check.

Return to sub-33 10K shape.  I ran 33:19.  Close enough.

Return to sub-2:35 marathon shape.  Marathon didn't go so well for a couple reason but in terms of conditioning I was close enough.

It's all a good springboard for next year, and that was the whole point of this year from the beginning since I'd taken the last 2-3 years more or less off.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

Main goal:  Get back in the marathon game after 2-year layoff.  Check.

Run marathon PR:  Check.

"Secret goals"

Sub 2:50.  Not quite.  2:50:56

Sub 17:00.  Not quite.  17:06

Sub 5:00....  4:59.8 1600m, but only 5:02 true mile.... too close to call.

Next year's goal:  Stay healthy, turn "not quites" into "yeah, babies!"

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Stay Healthy and Injury Free - Done

Finish First 50-Miler - DONE!

And the completed 3 other 50ks.  It was a good year, yes indeedy.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

One goal was to run at autumn marathon. For the last years I've just run a spring marathon and my running rather tailed off through the year. So I completed that goal.

Another was to do 3:30 in the spring (completed), and 3:15 in the autumn (failed - but a PR anyhow so I don't feel too bad about it). Getting 3:15 next spring is the main goal for the moment.

The shirtless wonder

I wanted to get 2000 miles for the year with secret hopes of 2750.  I will not even be hitting 2000.

I wanted to break 3 hours in a fall marathon.  I did not even run a marathon this fall.

It's not that I'm a slacker or a loser (well maybe both but running has nothing to do with that) it's that I got a stress fracture and it derailed my plans. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I believe I came to the year with no goals, other than 2000 miles.  I have 25 days left to make that goal.  Because, you see, the year is not up.

keeponrunning

I believe I came to the year with no goals, other than 2000 miles.  I have 25 days left to make that goal.  Because, you see, the year is not up.

I was waiting for someone to say something like this....figures Trent would Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

I took an injury in May that put me on the sidelines for almost 3 months.....as a result I came up short of all of my goals this year....

Will be better next in 2011 (I'm sure).....

Champions are made when no one is watching

I did not get a sub-3:30 for the marathon, but I did get a sub-20 for the 5k. Not a surprising result from a helter-skelter marathon training cycle and my first 2,000 mile year. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

My goals evolved over the year.  The progression went something like this:

January/February/March:

no goals whatsoever

April/May/June:

maybe run a marathon this year (it would be my second)

July/August/September:

definitely run a marathon this year (signed up for Marine Corps 10/31)

October:

sub-4 marathon

sub-1:20 15K (a goal that was set about 7.5K into the race)

yearly mileage>=1000K (i.e. 621 miles)

continue running after the marathon

November/December:

5K PR

10K PR

continue running through the winter

Here's how things ended up:

sub-4 marathon - yes (3:59:58)

yearly mileage>=1000K - yes (624 miles and counting)

5K PR - yes (23:09) - to be fair, this was my first 5K, but I'm happy with this baseline effort

10K PR - yes (52:06)

15K PR - yes (1:19:16) - again, this was my first 15K, so...automatic PR

continue running after marathon - yes (72 miles since 10/31)

continue running through the winter - yes, so far

So I hit all my goals and then some, and that feels great.  In a way, this is my first year of running.  In the past, I've "trained" enough to run a race here and there, but never really set any goals, and never really strived for any improvements.  Running was just something fun to do now and then.  This year, I realized that running is a great way to compete against myself, and it's been exciting to shoot for some tangible milestones.  I never thought of myself as a "real" runner before, but I'm starting to feel like one now (well...except that I'm just an imaginary internet person, so I guess I'm not a "real" anything).  I have a lot of room to improve, and the big picture for me this year was that setting running goals can drive that improvement.  So peering into 2011 and beyond, I'm looking forward to incremental but continuous improvement over the long haul.

My goal was to run a sub-60 10k and I missed it by 27 seconds.   Lessoned learned:  You know, you don't really need a drink of water on a cool May morning in a 10k.  Just because those nice people are eager to give you some nice gatorade, you don't need to take any. Next time baby!

Second goal was 2000km.  Met it in late November and promptly fell injured due to the flareup of a neuroma forcing me to stop running completely.

MTA: spelling

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Menace to Sobriety

2010 miles for 2010: Right on track to hit it on the number.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

sethf11

hit a few and fell short on a few.

2000 miles - completed

Half Marathon under 1:30:00 - competed

Win 2 races - completed

first triathlon - completed

sub 17:00 5k - failed (17:04)

a bunch of other things happened which were awesome accomplishments but not goals.