2010 goals completed/not completed (Read 1133 times)

Lose 25 pounds – done (206.5 down to 177)

5K PR – done (18:34, besting  PR from 2001 by 4 secs)

Next year, will try and run a little more, and go sub 18 5K.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Queen of 3rd Place

2010: Run 2000 mi - check (shouldn't count chickens, but need only 49 more),

BQ (sub-4:00:59) - check, 3:58:05

2011: Run 2500 mi - that's going to be hard

Make top 10 Masters in local racing series and kill lots of PRs - that will happen, barring injury

Drop down to racing weight just to see what it's like (get my BMI from 21 to around 19) - that's also going to be hard (I <3 beer)

Ex runner

I am sure you can run 2,500, arla. Looks like you're going to run a good 100-200 miles more than I did (and ran a faster marathon) in 2009. That's highly anecdotal, but 2,500 is certainly doable for you. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Double IPA Please!

Yep.

Run 2000- yes.. (will be over..yay!)

PR'd in all my races- yea!

2011-

Run 2500

Continue to improve my half and 5k times..

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Let's see.  Sub 4:50 mile - Not competed.  No local mile races (I only count USTAF certified course results as a PR, no time trials)

Sub 17 5K - you betcha.  16:44 on 8/21 and 16:35 on 9/11.

Sub 35 10K - almost blew it with a too fast first 5K, but got there with 34:53 on 9/19.

Sub 1:18 HM - did blow this one.  Missed the turnaround and ran about an extra half mile.  Finished in 1:19:09.

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1500 mile--yes-1600 1719.8

10k < 50--49:21

5k  < 23---22:37

50k --completed  2

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just my weight...I was making good progress during the Summer when I was biking more and running less.  Progress reversed itself as soon as the balance started tipping in favor of running.  Running is bad for weight loss (for me).  Biking is good (for me).  While biking I was losing .5-1#/week of body-fat for a couple of months.  I struggle not to gain that much when I'm running.

My original running goal was 1243 (2000k), but I had to adjust that after my sprain in June.  So I should be able to hit my injured goal without too much trouble.  And I smashed my original goal of 2500 on the bike (hoping to hit 3500, there).  Got all my PRs that I'd hoped to hit.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Just my weight...I was making good progress during the Summer when I was biking more and running less.  Progress reversed itself as soon as the balance started tipping in favor of running.  Running is bad for weight loss (for me).  Biking is good (for me).  While biking I was losing .5-1#/week of body-fat for a couple of months.  I struggle not to gain that much when I'm running.

Does your running tend to be at a higher intensity that your cycling? I find that it's hard to lose weight when I'm doing a lot of high intensity workouts - it really seems to make me hungry. But high volume and low intensity is a help; whether it's running, biking or walking....

I redshirted the year for various reasons, so no PB`s or new distances raced.

However, I did get my weight under 155lbs, currently about 150lbs.

New age group coming up next year, so new opportunities.If I can run a 44 minute 10k at 60 I will be very pleased with myself!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does your running tend to be at a higher intensity that your cycling? I find that it's hard to lose weight when I'm doing a lot of high intensity workouts - it really seems to make me hungry. But high volume and low intensity is a help; whether it's running, biking or walking....

Maybe somewhat...but I wouldn't think enough to make such a big difference.  The only thing I can figure out is that cycling makes my big quad muscles stronger and that definitely helps the metabolism.  But I still can't figure out why biking doesn't make me hungry the way running does.  I crave junk a lot more when I'm mostly running.  I want carbs carbs and more carbs...which just sets in motion an avalanche of cravings.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm Betty if you're Al

5K Sub 21:00 NOPE

10K 45:00 DONE-44:46 Trails to Ales 9/19
                        1/2 1:35  NOPE 

Marathon 3:40 DONE-Maine Marathon 3:35:41 10/3

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

I only really set one or two goals in 2010. I wanted to make running a habit again, and I wanted to start being somewhat serious about managing my PF. I was pretty successful on both, and along the way did two races (Army 10 and Marine Corps 10k) that were longer than any races I'd done so far. A good year! Hopefully 2011 can yield similar results as I look to maintain the goal.

~J

One goal in 2010-run a Boston Qualifying time in a marathon.

Pittsburgh Marathon-3:41 (an unmitigated disaster)

Wineglass Marathon-3:10  MISSION ACCCOMPLISHED

See you in Boston in April.....

Dog-Love

Lets see...

Gain 6 pounds check

Work more..yup

run less..did that

Avoid the woman's soccer league in town..easy duty.

Pretty much took care of all my goals

Next year it will be different!  My number one goal is to work less and I am fairly certain the rest will follow!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              gregw

I looked at my goals from the beginning of last year:  "2800 miles, 365 runs, run a new distance, and PR at a distance I've run before."

2800 miles --  I ran 2644 (hurt and only ran 40 in Sept)

365 runs -- supposed to encourage me to double.  Ran 405 times.  Actually probably only about 395 b/c I have wup and cdn at races (about 5 f them) as separate runs.  Doubled 3-4 times a week the first 4 months, but got a new job and haven't since then.

Run a new distance -- Nope.

PR at a distance I've run before -- PRd at 10 miles and 10k.  Of course it happened after that first 4 months of doubling.

I added <40 for 10k along the way last year, but didn't make it (40:04 in April).  I managed to lose 10 pounds from 1/1/2010 to 1/1/2011, so hopefully despite less mileage, I can PR again.

Goals for this year:

get to, and stay at, 155 (159 currently)

hit 200 miles every month (read: don't get hurt again)

break 40 for 10k before I turn 40 in June

PR at 10 miles (<65:55)