Asics 2110, 2120, 2130 etc. (Read 1098 times)

I have been running for many years now. The Asics(2110,2120, 2130) shoes are what I have worn for at least the last four plus years. For those of you out there that have ventured out a bit.....has anyone found some shoes that don't wear out as fast. I get 350 miles and no more per pair. I don't want to change but I am willing to listen to someone....anyone who knows a similar shoe that may allow me to put in more training miles without changing as often. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Thanks to anyone that may help.... Orange Man Oh by the way, the shoes need to be ORANGE.

Orange Man and Eric.

an amazing likeness

I use the Asics Nimbus as well as the GT 21xx, mix and match. I get about twice the mileage from the Nimbus as I do with the GTs. Usually 500+ miles from the Nimbus. Tend to use the Nimbus for the longer runs and the GTs for day-in, day-out. I like that they fit just the same. Can't offer any experience on the orange requirement. I hope there are a lot of good suggestions, because I think the GT2130s suck big time compared to the past versions.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Agree with MilkTruck on the 2130s. I can use mine OK with Superfeet, but I still don't like them as much as the older versions.
        DoppleBock

I have worn 1050s - 1130s the stripped down little brother to the 2100 series - I always get 500+ miles out of a pair of shoes. I always have 4 in the rotation as the biggest shoe killer is when we continue to run in them before they have dried out - It makes them break down faster.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I've used the 2xxx series since the 2040s, although for the past year I've been running in Mizuno Wave Precisions and for the years before that I'd started to mix in DS Trainers and Nike Zoom Elites. Just got some 2130s, which is a jump from my last pair of 2100s.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I also wear 2130s and I feel like they wear out a lot faster than "normal." I'm considering upgrading to Kayanos but if they wear out as fast as the 2130s I'd rather switch to a different shoe. I'm bummed because the Asics are the best fitting pair of shoes I've ever had, they just wear fast (I'm overweight too, which might exacerbate the problem).
              2009 Goals:
              PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
              Run a 10K
              Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
              Complete my first Sprint Tri

an amazing likeness

Its not you, Jenn, the GT2130s just do not last at all...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Oh by the way, the shoes need to be ORANGE.
                  I'll send Zoom-zoom right over. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll send Zoom-zoom right over. Wink
                    Ha! Well, maybe the men's NB 902 would be a good choice...though 350 miles is probably about their max.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another vote for the Gel Nimbus. Expensive, but damn near indestructible. 500+ miles, everytime.
                      Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

How much do you all get out of your Kayanos? Just wondering....

TRUST THE PROCESS

How much do you all get out of your Kayanos? Just wondering....
                          I get at least 600 miles out of mine... and then some... however it's likely that I am overusing them. Depending on how heavy you are, biomechanics, yadda yadda yadda you will wear out different shoes at different speeds. I used to run with a guy who aimed to get at least 1000 miles per pair of shoes, he'd get Gel-Kinsei's. Never got injured, but he was incredibly biomechanically efficient, and fast, so there was less plodding. I love my Kayano's, but now that I've dropped 30+ lbs from when I first started running I am going to opt for a lighter and cheaper runner for my next pair.
                            For anyone wanting a lighter neutral training shoes I'd recommend trying out NB 826, not very popular, but at 9.6 oz, perfect for my 6-8 mile runs. More substantial than a flat, not as bulky as regular shoes. However, they a bit narrow in the toe box and tend to run half a size too small.
                              I am currently running in NB1223 (obsolete now but they have the 1224) and currenty have 325 miles on them. I think the asic 2130 and NB 1223/4 are both for pronaters. They are a little worn but still have tread and seem OK.... Though they don't seem to have the same spring as when I first got them. I just ordered a new par and will wear the new ones on my longer run day and my current ones on my shorter run day (in an attempt to squeeze ever possible mile out of them). I forgot to mention to Mrs John A (the family CFO that I have bought - yet another pair of shoes) but that is a whole different story... I dont know a lot about Asics, but I think the NB last pretty well, you 'might' want to consider a brand change. I dont think yoiu can get them in orange..... Angry

Champions are made when no one is watching

Purdey

Self anointed title

FWIW my Kayanos now feel dead after approx 250 miles.... Cry There just doesn't appear to be any cushioning left at all and I can really feel it on longer road runs.