recovery drink? (Read 938 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I will eat everything in sight after a longer or hard run. DW abandoned the slim fast power so I am using it with canned mixed fruit and soy milk to made smoothies. 20 oz usual tempers the cravings. There has to be something better. It needs to be quick and non-alcoholic. Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Chocolate milk. It will serve as a good recovery drink and will tamp down your appetite. Or a fresh fruit smoothie, just throw some yogurt and fresh/frozen fruit into the blender.
        Chocolate milk and Gatorade tested best in a 'cycling to failure', recover, repeat sort of test. I can't find the link to it though. They both beat one of those amino based drinks. A Nutritionist recently recommended chocolate milk and a bagel to me. Which conveniently is what I normally have anyway.
          I drink a chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast after runs.

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice

seriously.... at what point do you think "recovery drink/nutrition"... honestly anthing less than 1.5 hours and I think it is not that important? What do I know... I only think post run nutrition when I run about 2 hours or more now... and that is because that is where if I don't eat well right after wards I end up hungry for days...
              seriously.... at what point do you think "recovery drink/nutrition"... honestly anthing less than 1.5 hours and I think it is not that important? What do I know... I only think post run nutrition when I run about 2 hours or more now... and that is because that is where if I don't eat well right after wards I end up hungry for days...
              Gotta disagree buddy. Any kind of quality is important to recover from. Speed more than long, for me anyway.
              HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Has anyone used Hammer products designed for endurance runs (Perpetuem or Sustained Energy)? Very similar it seems but one has some protein. Thoughts on if there is a noticeable difference when using these?

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)
                djtaylor

Me too - I find a Carnation plus 22-30oz of skim milk to be perfect after a long or hard run.
                    Me too - I find a Carnation plus 22-30oz of skim milk to be perfect after a long or hard run.
                    Man, that sounds so good. I'll have to try it.

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love the no-sugar-added ones with milk and a half scoop of whey protein powder. Good stuff. Lately I have been thinking that the vanilla would be good with a banana and some ice cubes in the blender, too. I definitely don't get the insane hunger hours later if I do one of these shakes within a half hour or so from returning from my runs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

For a real treat sometimes I will add chocolate or strawberry yogurt. I buy my Carnation Instant @ BJ's wholesale, cheap and tastes good w/ 2% milk! Vanilla is good w/ strawberrys, I usually run around eleven at night so I drink one after my run so I sleep better.

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice

Lisa3.1

Nesquik Chocolate milk, and gatorade.

The Greatest of All Time

Nesquik Chocolate milk, and gatorade.
                            Tell me you don't mix that together?
                            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                            Lisa3.1

Tell me you don't mix that together?
                              haha, No I should have said or instead of and.

The Greatest of All Time

haha, No I should have said or instead of and.
                                Phew.
                                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.