What is good for an eliptical trainer? (Read 1194 times)

jayskydee

Hey what speed on an eliptical trainer shows high areobic fitness and what speed is pants? To help you I am talking about a 20 min session and also a longer 1 hour session. I just managed 2.8 miles in 20 minutes on the eliptical whilst running a cardio program where the incline went quite steep, but unlike running I have no idea if that is any good, whereas I know my running can be massively improved. And now I have done 28km this month you can even check my heart rate data for this latest set of exercises if you want. I do think my heart rate is high, could be cause I have anemiea myself.

For any one else,all my weight data says 50 kgs. If any dosent its cos I thought I was 10kg heavier than I am, I used to weigh 60 kg a few years ago, I wasn't tubby at all, just now I am a bit over skinny, which is why I want to get a couple of kilos back on but no more.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How steep was it?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

4.823 gigaparsecs per fortnight.

"run" "2" "eat"

also, was it a stationary elliptical machine?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

You are probably in the U.K.  But if you were in higher latitudes you could expect to be OK from the effects of the drifting polar magnet. 

I'd expect nearly a catastrophic event at your current locale. Abandon the elliptical now. And eat some chicken.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

"run" "2" "eat"

i ask because i have a motorised elliptical which is a bit tricky to use whilst brushing my teeth and i have recently seen the stationary models usually feature a toothbrush holder.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

jayskydee

So none of u have ever used one is what I take from ur stupid comments. If u dont know then shut your mouth and let someone that does know answer.

jayskydee

Bet ur all fat asses who have never been able to get out of a chair...

"run" "2" "eat"

there is no one here who is capable of giving you an answer you'd deem acceptable. your standards are simply too high. we're all fairly stupid.

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, that's interesting. i am fat, but my ass is not fat at all. i am a skinny assed fat guy. will the elliptical help me?

xor

Hi junior!

I can still post in this thread.  WEIRD.

junior, really we are not.  There is a big mix of people here from the not-as-fast to the very fast.

an amazing likeness

Wanna bet? Check out the logs of some the folks here on RA and you can learn a hack of a lot about running and training to be a better runner. Seriously.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

Wanna bet? Check out the logs of some the folks here on RA and you can learn a hack of a lot about running and training to be a better runner. Seriously.

Whereas others' logs, like mine, show that some of us are hacks.  But my heart is in the right place.  For a vulcan.

jayskydee

Yeah well all I want to know is what is fast for an eliptical.  By the way my time for 3k on a bike of 6 mins 10 was a bit slower than the fastest at my gym, of 3.30 for 3k, so I know where to aim for , on a stationary upright bike, but no clue how well one should do on an eliptical to be better than average.

"run" "2" "eat"

there is no objective measure for fastness.