What is good for an eliptical trainer? (Read 1194 times)

Sometimes the signs of too much fiber will show up on a Manitary Napkin.

Not many, Milkman, but speaking of "spending waaaay too much time creating fake shit", you should google one "Kip Litton".

Thanks for posting that.  I thought that name was familar.  He "beat me" @ gasparilla last year and  I remember looking at the splits thinking that was one heck of a second half kick.

xor

Thanks for posting that.  I thought that name was familar.  He "beat me" @ gasparilla last year and  I remember looking at the splits thinking that was one heck of a second half kick.

Oh, well, you want to check the monster thread on letsrun and one in the runner's world marathon race training (MRT) area.  This dude has been (apparently) cheating in ALLLLL kinds of races.  And then, specific to why I posted his name here, he started (apparently, but in my very informed opinion when it comes to marathons in the US) creating fake races out of thin air... with (apparently) fake participants... it is fascinating stuff, really.

Sorry you got "beaten" by this douche.

Oh.  And he perhaps, apparently, also participated in races under various fake names.  He might have been one "Rich Rodriguez". Not the former Michigan coach.  Although some Michigan fans might try to convince you that THAT guy was not real either.

Thanks, it's funny to me because before 2010 I saw his results from 2009 and actually noticed that he liked to start way in the back then finish strong.  At the end of the race I was on the lookout for some dude finishing strong but it never happened.  His clock time was about a minute behind me so I figured I had held him off.  When I saw the results and noticed his Chip time ended up beating me by a few minutes I was impressed that he pulled it off with such a stupid strategy.  Starting from the back of a crowded marathon just didn't seem like a smart thing to do.

I didn't read too much on those threads yet,  just enough to realize that guy is really messed up.

jayskydee

What is the difference between "clock time", "chip time" and "offical net recorded time"? I have seen these terms mentioned in this thread and one of the marathon threads about a guy who failed to get his time by 2 seconds or something like that.

keeponrunning

What is the difference between "clock time", "chip time" and "offical net recorded time"? I have seen these terms mentioned in this thread and one of the marathon threads about a guy who failed to get his time by 2 seconds or something like that.

Clock time- the total time it took you to finish, including the time it took you to get over the line (since in large races it may take a while)

Net time- the time it actually took you to run the race, with the time it took you to actually start subtracted.

Official net recorded time-  think it's the same as net time, but not completely sure of this one.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

jayskydee

ThanksSmile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Clock time- the total time it took you to finish, including the time it took you to get over the line (since in large races it may take a while)

Net time- the time it actually took you to run the race, with the time it took you to actually start subtracted.

Official net recorded time-  think it's the same as net time, but not completely sure of this one.

...and gun time is another term for clock time, chip time = net time

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Oh, well, you want to check the monster thread on letsrun and one in the runner's world marathon race training (MRT) area.  This dude has been (apparently) cheating in ALLLLL kinds of races.  And then, specific to why I posted his name here, he started (apparently, but in my very informed opinion when it comes to marathons in the US) creating fake races out of thin air... with (apparently) fake participants... it is fascinating stuff, really.

Oh.  And he perhaps, apparently, also participated in races under various fake names.  He might have been one "Rich Rodriguez". Not the former Michigan coach.  Although some Michigan fans might try to convince you that THAT guy was not real either.

That is an amazing story.  You might also watch for the name David Kipling.

jayskydee

That is an amazing story.  You might also watch for the name David Kipling.

Not me I havent entered any offical races yet of any kind.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Not me I havent entered any offical races yet of any kind.

Not sure what you're saying, jaysky - that when you start entering races, you'll need to look out for Kip Litton et al., or we'll need to look out for you. Confused

At any rate, start entering some races!

I laughed pretty hard when I looked at the reviews on marathonguide.com for one of Kip's ficticious races.

http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=3777100703

Beautiful course. Race went by so quickly that it was almost like I didn't run.

Queen of 3rd Place

Thanks for posting the Kip story, SRL. Wonder if this guy has any idea that there are discussion threads all over the place about him?

Ex runner

xor

Thanks for posting the Kip story, SRL. Wonder if this guy has any idea that there are discussion threads all over the place about him?

Almost certainly.  Plus, some of the letsrun Inspector Detectors went over the line and started hassling him in real life (he's a dentist or something)... which is why lots of the old letsrun threads got deleted.  Also, there are some weird "supporters" which show up in some threads.  One theory is that it is him.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure he knows.

Another theory is that he's not doing all this by himself.

Then again, neither was Oswald.  Or was he?

Which reminds me.

Donde esta jayblueskyadora?