Active.com = Sleaze (Read 1363 times)

Best Present Ever

I've heard of raceit.com, but haven't used it (neither for directing nor as a competitor).

our local races use raceit.  It seems fine to me.  I still had to pay a fee, but I wasn't forced through screens trying to sell me stuff on top of that, and they don't send me any email.  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have had experience with the data entry error. I won 1st place in the 25 - 29 female age bracket in a 5k! Imagine my delight.

You should have taken the award and run.  A new race with a pack of angry women on your heels.  Great motivation.

Slo

You should have taken the award and run.  A new race with a pack of angry women on your heels.  Great motivation.

Oooh, good thing it wasn't a Komen Race for the Cure!

http://www.trackie.com/online-registration/

trackie does mostly track meets / xc, but they'll tailor to your event. 

I have no interest in their company other than they're good guys I used to run with some.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oooh, good thing it wasn't a Komen Race for the Cure!

They'd never be able to catch him in their groups of 5+ with linked elbows...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

They'd never be able to catch him in their groups of 5+ with linked elbows...

Depends  - if you told them that he supported planned parenthood, they'd get jeeps and try to run him over.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Prince of Fatness

I wonder what Sara thinks about all of this.

Not at it at all. 

beat

Break on through

Several of the alternatives I've registered through...

RunReg.com

SignMeUp.com

RunRace.net

GetMeRegistered.com

UltraSignup.com

I'll have to look at some of these services.   I'm looking for a basic low cost pre-registration and payment service for two very small races - a half-marathon and marathon in the fall and winter with around 100 runners for each race and around $10 for an entry fee.  Last year, I did a kind of DIY registration only with a waiting list, using a survey script and e-mail.  It took too much (of my) time.  

One service - Event NGIN - contacted me, and they seem to have reasonable rates.  Does anyone have any experience with them?

I also was looking into marathonguide.com, but they haven't answered my e-mail.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Trackie works with races smaller than that, but I'm not sure how much they've done outside Canada.

info@trackiereg.com

Active is still sending me e-mails, and I'm still unsubscribing. 

Wonder how long it will last.

Idiots.

Jeff

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

www.spamgourmet.com.  Then you can turn off the spam anytime you want.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Wonder how long it will last.

Idiots.

I work a lot with B2B marketers, and we take CAN-SPAM requirements very seriously. One of those requirements is that unsubscribe requests be honored within 10 days. Enforcement is a joke, but ignoring these rules is just another red flag that you're dealing with an ethically-challenged business.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

www.spamgourmet.com.  Then you can turn off the spam anytime you want.

They're cool.  Wish I had been using them before my email addresses became known to the world, say, fifteen years ago.