recommended running shoes for high arches (Read 569 times)

Pajacon

Hi, After 20 years I'm back to running. My problem is this - high arches. I'm currently wearing Brooks but I've had to add arch supports because I feel like they are forcing me to run very "flat-footed" . (they just don't feel like they are the right shoe for me but I was fit at an independent running store and I took their advice) I have Asics gels that I wear that are more comfortable in the arch but they don't seem as "padded" and my heel hurts when i wear them daily). I alternate the two pair of shoes as I seem to get "shin splints" when I wear just the Brooks. I'm 5'10, 154, and like I said, I am starting over after not having run in 20 years. right now I am up to 2.5 miles. Any advice for a tall high arched woman? Thanks!

Princess Cancer Pants

Maybe try some New Balance shoes with the SL-2 last. I believe that is the one for higher-arched feet. I have fairly low arches and wear shoes with the SL-1 last, which is flat-normal. Are there any other running stores you could try? Or even go back to that one and explain the situation? You deserve shoes that will make your runs comfortable. Smile k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown