Informance "Smart" Sunglasses (Read 690 times)

These look really cool.. http://technology.newscientist.com/article/dn12807-smart-sunglasses-show-athletes-a-good-time.html expensive and worthless for people that run at night or in very low light conditions... but very cool...
      Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I'm looking forward to cheap, tiny, hi-res heads-up displays. They're getting better, but still not there yet. Then you need to integrate it with a tiny camera, and the computer can give you overlay data to complement what you're seeing. Like making people's names float above their heads in case you've forgotten. Or allowing you to see virtual people who aren't actually in the same physical place as you. I just read Rainbow's End by Vernor Vinge, which is full of stuff like this. Highly recommended .
        Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

Looking gooooood ;p

"Should cost between 700 and 1000 Euros"....Hmmmm...I'll stick to glancing down at my wrist for the time being Wink
          The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
            I'm looking forward to cheap, tiny, hi-res heads-up displays. They're getting better, but still not there yet. Then you need to integrate it with a tiny camera, and the computer can give you overlay data to complement what you're seeing. Like making people's names float above their heads in case you've forgotten. Or allowing you to see virtual people who aren't actually in the same physical place as you. I just read Rainbow's End by Vernor Vinge, which is full of stuff like this. Highly recommended .
            William Gibson's Virtual Light - the entire storyline revolves around a pair of misplaced smart specs.