Wireless Earbud Recommendations (Read 109 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Need some earbuds for DD.  What are some good brands for running?  Fit, ease of use, sound quality?  How do you know which will fit in the ear, or are ear hooks needed?  Any other factors to look for?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm on my 2nd set of Plantronics BackBeat headphones (first pair a cat chewed the cable that connects them and they were toast). The sound is really good and they work well at the pricepoint. They could probably be more sweat/water resistant, but they still work mostly really well. They hook over the ears and are comfortable, but I do have to make sure the top of the curve is under a headband, otherwise they don't stay on me real well...but I always run with a Buff/headband/hat, so it's not an issue. I think if I were a guy with larger ears that they'd fit perfectly.

I do wish they were a bit less noise-cancelling. I really miss my old Sennheiser sport headphones, for that. They had great sound, but still allowed a lot of ambient noise through. But Sennheiser doesn't make any wireless headphones, unfortunately.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

T Hound

Slower but happier

I’ve tried a few.  Currently using beats.  They were like $80 on sale I think.  So far have held up tp pretty wet conditions.  I dump a lot of water on myself.  Before that I had JVC were okay but one wash destroyed them.  I used to by the cheapest ones I could find but they don’t last, fall off, sound bad or break.  So I ended up over time paying the same or more.  The problem I have now is it’s so wet and humid I couldnt get my phone unlocked!  Gotta do that right off the bat.    So I just listened to nature’s playlist today.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

Seattle prattle

jaybird x3 sound really good, comfortable, and work well. I don't run with them, though, becuase i don't want to carry anything more cumbersome or harder to use than an ipod shuffle.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thanks.  Anyone use the Aftershokz Trekz (newest version)?  It's a bone conductor, not in the ear?

runlikeagirI

I got a pair of these about a month ago and I really like them.  I have the trekz titanium.

Thanks.  Anyone use the Aftershokz Trekz (newest version)?  It's a bone conductor, not in the ear?

I recommend a wraparound type mp3 player. The ones i use are Sony NWZ-W262. There are newer models and other brands available  This way you don't need to drag you phone along for a run.

roman_the_runner

Run, boy, run

I recommend a wraparound type mp3 player. The ones i use are Sony NWZ-W262. There are newer models and other brands available  This way you don't need to drag you phone along for a run.

Totally agree. Used to have Sony Walkman NW-WS413

alexc93

Check out www.getfitfones.com the first smart headbands for runners! Built in Bluetooth 4.2 passive noise cancelling headphones and completely waterproof! Use my code FITFRIEND10 for 10% off