Hmm...Eric? (Read 730 times)

PWL

Has been

Hi Eric... I just clicked on User Groups link and got an error page with the following stack trace (I am running Windows Vista and Firefox). It happened twice to me--the third time I got the right page and it hasn't happened since but I thought you should know: [MySqlException: Character set 'utf8' is not supported] MySql.Data.MySqlClient.CharSetMap.GetEncoding(DBVersion version, String CharSetName) +296 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Configure(MySqlConnection connection) +651 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() +187 OFF_LIMIT.DB.Connection..ctor(Database db, String strServer, String strDatabase, String strUser, String strPassword) +235 OFF_LIMIT.DB.Database.GetConnection() +62 OFF_LIMIT.OLPage.get_SessionUser() +776 OFF_LIMIT.OLPage.Page_Error(Object sender, EventArgs args) +250 System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e) +105 System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +73 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6969 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +213 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49 ASP.groups_index_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in cUndecidedWINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\260d9edc\6b04ab3e\App_Web_r_trwsi_.0.cs:0 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

eric :)

You caught me in the middle of a real minor upload that I wasn't even going to broadcast. It was to fix a login/cookie bug. Everything should be fine now.
      PWL

Has been

It is better--thanks. I just wanted to let you know in case it was something more complex.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Thanks Peter! Everyone should definitely notify me of any strange behaviors.
          PWL

Has been

Related to code or related to members? Wink

Good point. Revised: only report things I can fix. I'm not responsible for knuckle head behaviors. Big grin