Lockdown Support (Read 131 times)

Luciplay

A lot has happened during the lockdown here in my city. My anxiety started affecting more of my life. Any tips you can give? How did you deal with this?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm not in lockdown now, but there were stricter guidelines last spring. One thing that really helped me was to get outside when I could. Even if you can sit on your front step or step outside into your backyard, even for 5 to 10 minutes, that natural light and fresh air is helpful. Good luck!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

This post in another forum topic of suggestions might be something you'll find helpful...

Here are some ideas for helping you manage symptoms of anxiety. Feel free to add to the list, or let us know what works for you...

Mindfulness – Grounding exercises: noticing your environment, bodily sensations, and breath

Progressive Muscle Relaxation – Creating a Tension and Release effect with all the muscles in the body

Opposite Actions – By listening to calming music, taking a walk, talking, enjoying sunshine

Safe Place Mental Imagery – Visualising a place where you can go in your mind to feel safe

Calming Affirmations – To help recognise that the moment of panic will pass

Exercise – A valuable way to exhaust excess adrenalin built up in the body

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Seattle prattle

i try to find things that i can look forward to. Things that will grow and develop.

Running is one of those things  - by manipulating my training, i can see progress and growing into a stronger runner. Likewise, i like to do strength training for the same reasons.

I also have gotten really excited at times improving my home shop and envisioning how nice it will be to work in there.

These all share an open-endedness in which keeps me eager to see what tomorrow might bring.

Lastly, i look at this time as a chance to get some drudgery out of the way, seeing as i can't really travel or be in public much. So I think, use this down time to fix up the house, do the taxes, etc., and then i will have more free time when this is over and i can do what i want with less chores holding me back or handing over my head.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I started playing piano seriously again after a hiatus of 30 years.  It has helped tremendously to have a challenge to focus on.  I have a Zoom lesson every two weeks - it keeps me accountable to practice daily.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I started playing piano seriously again after a hiatus of 30 years.  It has helped tremendously to have a challenge to focus on.  I have a Zoom lesson every two weeks - it keeps me accountable to practice daily.

Brava!

I started to (attempt to) play pieces from Bach's WTC. I'm not a pianist, so it would probably be painful to listen to, but it's good for my brain!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Brava!

I started to (attempt to) play pieces from Bach's WTC. I'm not a pianist, so it would probably be painful to listen to, but it's good for my brain!

That's wonderful!  I'm convinced playing Mozart, Bach, and Chopin will help my brain.  It IS a little frustrating that I can't memorize like I did when I was 15!

"run" "2" "eat"

make soup. it's hard to go wrong with soup. i mean, there's good soup and there's better soup, but unless you put, like, gasoline in it, you can't go terribly wrong. it's good to make something and it's good to eat something you make. try it. make some soup, then - eat it. yum.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Za Nina

Oh that is so nice to read! I am a pianist (and hobby runner)...enjoy that, it brings benefits to the brain, mood, satisfaction, and finger fitness :-D I had felt the lack of human interaction and leisurely outings. so I scheduled walks in nature with colleagues and friends. and i am trying to find new routes and spots. yesterday I took a coffee to go and walked to the river bank and watched the reflection of sun upon the water...had the coffee there...

Oh and soups are good yeah, in general cooking one's own food is a bit of hassle and work but it is nice to eat it...

make soup. it's hard to go wrong with soup. i mean, there's good soup and there's better soup, but unless you put, like, gasoline in it, you can't go terribly wrong. it's good to make something and it's good to eat something you make. try it. make some soup, then - eat it. yum.

Soup. Yum.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?