Running the Sahara! (Read 679 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, I really look forward to this: runningthesahara.com I can't even fathom that!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am sooo envious. What amazes me is the mental toughness. And to think I am patting myself on the back for running in snow and rain. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Ewa
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
        WOW! Better them than me Clowning around I can't even imagine doing that! 4,000 miles maybe but in the Sahara? TOUGH!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am sooo envious. What amazes me is the mental toughness. And to think I am patting myself on the back for running in snow and rain. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Ewa
          Exactly! They were talking to one of the guys on WGN radio (Chicago) this AM. I was flabbergasted. I really look forward to the film. One of my very favorite documentaries is "Long Way 'Round"--Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman on motorcycles going from England back to England...around the Northern hemisphere. Those endurance events really fascinate me. k

~ Sarah Kay

I've always been fascinated by the endurance events. Two guys from my running club are heading off to do the Marathon of the Sands in Morocco, a 7 day run through the Sahara and I thought *they* were nuts. (And then I thought I bet I could do that one day ..... No wonder dh thinks I'm crazy! LOL!) Teresa

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow, that's a long way to go to run 4000 miles! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lynn, I think you should do this.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

still alive

The other day it felt like I was running the Sahara. It was 5°F and the wind was blowing 20 mph. We just got about 16 inches of snow and it was blowing across the landscape like the sands in the Sahara. I managed a 9:35 pace for 6 miles even plowing through 3 foot snowdrifts!

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Now that was a bath...

That's amazing! Stupidly though it's actually making me jealous. I can barely hobble a mile at the moment. I would rather be them than me. Claire xxx
                  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                    scrumhalfgirl

I actually know one of the guys! Ray used to work with my husband - they would train together (strength - not running!). Very interesting guy - he's found his passion, and has worked it into a career.

-Jess