Garmin Forerunner 10 and RunningAhead (Read 110 times)

Maniac

Anyone have/use the Forerunner 10?  Does it integrate with RA?

My 305 is in it's final days, I am afraid....I would just buy a new 305 to replace it, but the cheapest options on Amazon are over $300.  I do not use the vast majority of the features on it, so I was looking for a streamlined version.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

an amazing likeness

Yes, RunningAHEAD supports the Forerunner 10, exactly the same as from your current 305.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mikeymike

I had a 10 for a while and it worked great with RA. I sold it to a buddy (because I got a 210) and now he uses it with RA and he loves it.

Runners run

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I currently use the FR10 with RA and it works great. It apparently uses the same plugin that GarminConnect does.

- Andrew

Jess runs for bacon

I have one, love it. But it was my first garmin, so I had nothing to compare it to.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

My two running watches are a 10 and a 305.  As so many others have said, I can plug one or the other in, it makes literally no difference when uploading runs (except for the name of the unit listed at the top).

I will say, the 10 is much more "streamlined" than the 305.  But it works fine for me on long runs that don't require me to manually mark laps.  It's my backup, and I wear it around as a "normal" watch.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

I love my 305 but it won't load on two different Windows 8 laptops more than once without having to reinstall the Garmin drivers.  The newer watch may be able to handle the newer OS.

Bill Wagnon / stl

Maniac

Thanks for all the input guys. Wonder if I can convince my wife that the FR 10 would make a great 40th birthday present?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy