Buying Shoes Online (Read 706 times)

Ok, I really hate to seem cheap but the retail price of my Brooks Glycerin shoes is getting out of hand. The cheapest pair I can find in stores up here in Toronto is $149.99. Throw in the Canadian taxes and we're approaching $175. I'll pay that if I have to, but man, I really don't want to have to. I have read a few posts on here from people who buy their shoes online. I've looked around and really have not found much. I simply don't trust an ebay store. I know it's biased but I can't help but think that I'm buying some Chinese knockoff that will take six months to get here. Most of the stores with websites that I have found are either not stocking the Glycerin 6 or are selling it for not much less. When you factor in the shipping it's a wash. I did find a site, Holabirdsports.com, that has them at a decent price and shipping is not prohibitive. I'm just wondering if anyone else has used this site and if so if everything went as advertised. Also, I would love to hear from other online buyers who have other sites to recommend.
    And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did find a site, Holabirdsports.com, that has them at a decent price and shipping is not prohibitive. I'm just wondering if anyone else has used this site and if so if everything went as advertised. Also, I would love to hear from other online buyers who have other sites to recommend.
      Holabird is excellent. Great prices, fast shipping. Never had a problem. Not sure about shipping to Canada, but I also have had good luck with kellysrunningwarehouse.com, runningwarehouse.com, and runbargains.com.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great price from Kelly. Or at least it would be if I wore one of the two available sizes. Args! Thanks though for making me feel better about holabird. I have to call runningwarehouse tomorrow to get the lowdown on shipping to Canada. They seem to be more focused on currency conversion, which is no issue as my bank account is American.
        And who am I anyway?

All business

I've gotten shoes from Roadrunnersports.com before, and have had no problems. They have a VIP deal that cuts down the price, but i've never signed up for it. I looked found the Men's Glycerin 6 on their site for $123. Then Google searched coupon codes for it, and found Promotion Code CX180213 (15% off) and that gave me "Your estimated order total: $104.54" I don't know about shipping though...

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

On On

My question is not about price but functionality. How do you know the shoe is going to fit? I understand they have return policies but that just seems like a pain in the ass. Do you go to a running store, have them fit you, try the shoe on, then go home to shop online and hopefully get it cheaper?
            mikeymike

If you're an experienced runner and you know what works for you you don't need to get fitted every time. Yay for all those who live or work really close to a good running specialty store that actually carries shoes for fit runners and not just overweight joggers. I don't, so I buy most of my shoes online. Holabrid and Runningwarehouse are probably my most frequent. Eastbay if they've got something I like on clearance.

Runners run

tvthatsme

I really like runningwarehouse.com You can't beat the free shipping and return shipping plus the actual shoe prices are normally lower than you will find anywhere else.
                  Eastbay if they've got something I like on clearance.
                  I bought the same pair of shoes on clearance from Eastbay five times in a row once. I think they were about $20 the last time I ordered them (I was obviously pretty lucky that they had them in my size), which was pretty exciting Smile
                    Yay for all those who live or work really close to a good running specialty store that actually carries shoes for fit runners and not just overweight joggers. I don't, so I buy most of my shoes online.
                    As a fat guy who considers himself a runner and not a jogger I'm not sure how to take that. On the bright side, you've nailed down your response to the runner vs jogger thread.
                    And who am I anyway?
                    mikeymike

I didn't know we had a runner vs jogger thread but glad I could help.

Runners run