More Family Fun Racing (Read 423 times)

Go Pre!

The mrs, son Cam (7) and myself headed out to Burlington (1hr away from Toronto) last night for a 5K & 10K Race. It was a bit hectic trying to get there in rush hour traffic and threatening thunderstorms but we made it. Thankfully so as it was a great event. Great food and well organised as usual with this particular Canadian event/race organizer (Vrpro). Cam and Anita ran the 5K. Cam ran it in 31:39 beating his last time by 7 minutes and taking 3rd place in the under 11 age group and received a medal. he was ecited as it is the first one based on performance and not participation. Anita was only 45 secs off her best time which, considering we did 8k of hills the evening prior, was a pretty great feat. I managed a personal best of 46:31 for the 10K despite feeling very sluggish in the first couple of Ks. I guess the marathon training paid off this night! I even got a medal for 3rd place in the 35-39 group even though I was 5th. The 1st and 2nd place finishers in my age group also won 1st & 2nd overall and they often do not give the overall winners their respective age group awards as well, so the next 3 place got the medals) Daddyo Sarah (14) was babysitting and Josh (18 ) is on a bit of a running hiatus although he claims to want to start up again soon. All in all a worthwhile evening of running and racing with almost the fam. Daddyo
      46:31, you are fast and congrats on setting a new best. Nice getting your son out there. You going to start his marathon training next year? Big grin I seem to get medals when the fast folks don't show up for my age range or they are in the free, masters, or elite runner categories.

Vim

double post?

Vim

Go Pre!

I seem to get medals when the fast folks don't show up for my age range or they are in the free, masters, or elite runner categories.
          LOL - my other 2 medals are from: 1. Went out too fast in a 5k and ended up walking until my daughter caught up and then ran it in with her. Finished at 23:45 - good for 2nd of 5 and a medal. 2. 90 degree humid 10K - was on track for a sub 45 and overheated, giot the shivers, walked in from 8K - 59:00 good for 3rd out of 4 and a nice pin!