Is this appropriate? (Read 580 times)

Shameless plug ahead: I'm raising money for the Maryland SPCA --- http://www.firstgiving.com/triciacecil , if you are so inclined Wink --- and I would like to let people at work know about it without being pushy. I work at a courthouse (I'm a Judge's law clerk) and I was wondering how -- if appropriate, which I'm not sure it is -- to let people know. Cats and dogs are generally a 'safe' topic (not a controversial cause), so I don't think that will be a problem. Thoughts? Ideas? I'm really leaning toward not saying anything, because I think it's not the right place for it... but I want to raise as much money as I can for the animals, so I'm torn. Then again, I really don't want people feeling awkward and feeling like the HAVE TO donate... Thanks! Trish
    2009: BQ?

Imminent Catastrophe

That can be awkward. Maybe a sign on your desk or on a bulletin board? Or just mention that you're running to raise funds, and let them take the initiative. That is so great that you are raising funds for SPCA. Our three dogs are all rescues.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I went through the same thing for the animal shelter I volunteer at. I asked my boss if I could post a sign in our staff breakroom, and she said yes, so I did. I was going to ask about the lobby, but I didn't think she'd approve.

Michelle

Thanks for the advice! I talked to the Judge's secretary, and she said it would be fine --- people there are often raising money for something or another. I posted it in the copy room, so if people want to donate, they can ... and if they don't, they won't feel put off. Big grin
          2009: BQ?