Saturday/Sunday (Read 736 times)

Good morning gang. I love the weekend because it's usually either long run or race for me. Today will be a long run. I did 21 last weekend so anything 20 or more is acceptable today. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Be sure to tell us about those runs and races. Smile Ray

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Easy 10k for me this morning. recovering from some runner's knee and everything is feeling good. No run planned for tomorrow. Now I will HTFU and head to the in-laws for the weekend.
        Had planned on a long run this a.m. but ended up being awake most of the night with a sick child - I'm still trying to wake up at this point. I'll get to run after my husband is done his run.

Michelle

Another Passion

Suiting and lacing up for a 11 or 12 miler this a.m. Got a reprieve in the temps, supposed to be 45ish today. Have a great day everyone! Wink

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

7 mile GA run for me, nothing special, but getting over a bout of ITBS -- my knee was achy yesterday but seemed fine today, happily. Workout: 6.1M, 8:16/mi. AHR 151 Overall: 7.1M, 59:02 Good luck racers!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Saturday AND Sunday!! Oh my, this will be a big one. Lou, Great avatar!!! Caigr

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

6ish today and 16 tomorrow. Alvin and the Chipmunks is high on today's priority list also. Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

0600 29f (brrr... in tucson) 12mi with 2x(400,800,1200) with (:45, 1:30, 3:00 rests) 1:14, 2:48, 4:25 1:19, 2:50, 4:32 a little too fast at the start... trying to stay on the fast guy's heels.... long day tomorrow with 21mi easy planned. have 88mi for the past 7 days, all-time mileage high for me. feel surprisingly good. three weeks till race day.
                    Still hanging on to a crappy cold. I'm feeling worse instead of better Confused Just going to rest and resume some running after Chrismas and get rid of this once and for all!
                      I'm back from my long run. I did a solo 26.2 and played with the virtual partner on my Garmin. I set it for a 4:00 finish (9:09 pace). I finished in 3:49:20 (8:45) with an average HR of 137 (74% HRR). I held a steady pace and felt good to the finish. Just think .... I missed a BQ by 3:21. 3:45:59 is the mark for my AD (55-59). Maybe next time. I'll upload it to MotionBased and post a link if anyone wants to see it. You all would be very proud of my steady pacing. I did have about a 2:00 stop about mile 12 to get a thorn out of my shoe.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Started running at 10:20 PM last night, covered 23 miles over 3:50, finishing around 2:30 AM. No lights. Big hills, full moon, slight mist. Very very lovely! This course, twice: click
                          Started running at 10:20 PM last night, covered 23 miles over 3:50, finishing around 2:30 AM. No lights. Big hills, full moon, slight mist. Very very lovely!
                          That sounds heavenly. Unfortunately, I'd have to adjust my schedule and get acclimated to it before I could run that far, that late at night. Big grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That sounds heavenly. Unfortunately, I'd have to adjust my schedule and get acclimated to it before I could run that far, that late at night. Big grin
                            I got a nap in the evening, that helped. And after I got home, it was an hour and a half before I could get back to sleep. But I slept well Big grin

Another Passion

Nice job mcsolar, russ, and trent. I don't know how you guys do it! Confused I put in 12 today, but nothing like trent's ups and downs. Shocked Russ, you amaze me my running friend.

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Russ, you amaze me my running friend.
                                Thank you Rick. For the record, my name is Ray. I see you're in SE Mi. My brother lives in Brighton. I saw another profile of someone who lives in Brighton as well but I can't remember who it was.