Log private, but ytd mileage shows in groups. (Read 580 times)

an amazing likeness

Eric,

My log is set to private.

But, my ytd mileage shows in the group "YTD Distance" of one of the groups I'm a member of.

Its no biggie, I don't really care that the mileage shows,  just an odd anomoly I thought I'd ask about.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

MilkTruck,

I'll check this out as soon as possible.

eric :-)

It's always been that way.  I thought it was by design because the YTD Distance groups were designed to rank people by YTD distance.

Runners run

an amazing likeness

MilkTruck,

I'll check this out as soon as possible.

Now I'm wondering if it is just that I see my own YTD totals because it is me looking at the report in the user group.  So another user wouldn't see my log totals in the list.  My log isn't private to me, afterall. 

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Nope, I can see you.  813.1 miles.

an amazing likeness

Nope, I can see you.  813.1 miles.

Thanks, that's interesting....blows that theory.

(840 as of today...I actually log with other software and dump one entry per month here to compete with the pace bunny)

eric :)

One sure sign that RA is getting too complex (read: too many features) is when I forget the proper behavior behind it.  Mikeymike is correct.  The YTD chart will ignore your privacy settings and display your distance. (although access to your log will still be hidden).  The idea is that if you join one of these groups, you want to compare your distance to others, and it is only fair that others can see your distance.