Runnin' for the House 5K (Read 454 times)

Hadn't planned on submitting a race report, but considering the terriific award I got, figured what the heck. A beautiful, sunny (warm) Memorial Day in LV to run a 5K, for sure . This one is for the Ronald McDonald House (or, as some of my friends call it--the Ronnie Mac Crib) charity. I like 5K's before the race starts, and I like 5K's when the race is over. It's the actual running of the 5K that I'm not wild about. But, I ran it, and finished in 20:17, 1st in my AG (55-59). Afterwards, McDonalds provided free pancakes, sausages, eggs, juice, etc., of which I had none. BUT--I bet I got something for an AG placement none of you have probably gotten before. They ran out of AG awards, and by the time they got to my AG, all they could give us were hats from McDonalds. Clowning around _________________
    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      all they could give us were hats from McDonalds.
      Big grin Hats from Mickey D's?! Priceless! Seriously though, congrats on the awesomely fast time and the FIRST PLACE in your AG!
      2009: BQ?
        Awesome time! Congratulations on placing 1st in your age group. Big grin So, are you gonna wear your new hat in your next race? Tongue

Michelle

Dog-Love

Everytime I run a 5K or even go on a 3 mile run I can just hear you saying how much you hate running the 5K races! And I have only read that comment of yours on one of your posts on RA. I actually don't know why you hate them when you are so good at them. And a hat to prove it! Great job.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Go Pre!

Great Race and way to go on the Hat! Can we get a pic of you sporting it proudly? D
              mcd's hats? that's awesome! Big grin Congrats on a great race!

Jennifer mm#1231

Jeffrey

I take it you don't care for 5ks. Smile Even though you don't like them, you run them pretty well! Congratulations on your time and finishing no.1 in your AG!
                  Mississippi - I have actually considered it. My running group wants me to, but it may end up on my grandson's head instead. Not that I don't want to. It's just that I don't want to disappoint the grandson. You understand, I'm sure. Wink (We'll see). Crabby - I never train for shorter races. I'm far more comfortable with a half or full. So, running a 5K is way out of my comfort zone. It feels like an all-out sprint, and they hurt! Dead (And I'm a wimp, no question) Daddyo - Um, I would, but, uh--oh yeah--I can't. Something about the Witness Protection Program. (Ok, I'll see what I can do) And--thanks to all for your comments.
                  My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                    Pro: Congrats on a terrific 5k race time. Smile Despite the pain involved, I know you want IT. You're so close. There's guys your age and older doing IT. By fall or early winter you WILL do IT, won't you? Tongue

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka