Edit GPS Data? (Read 623 times)

Prince of Fatness

OK, I'm off of SportTracks and into RA.  I have the GPS import working.  Thanks Eric.

One question.  Can you edit the route on the map after you import the data?  My Garmin lost the signal right before the end of my run this morning, so the run measured over a half mile short.  In SportTracks I was able to edit the course on the map to fix problems such as these.  If I can't edit the run then I can just enter it manually.

Thanks

Not at it at all. 

You have to save the map as a route first, then you can edit it.  When you view the map from the workout, there should be a "save as" button in the upper right.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Thanks.  Didn't quite work that way though.  I had to save the workout, then edit and change the mileage on the workout,  Saving and editing the course did not adjust the mileage on the workout.

Unless I am missing something.

Not at it at all. 

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Nope, Tater, you got it.  The map for the course and the mileage in your workout are independent.  Changing one won't change the other.  After you change the map to see how far you actually went, you have to go back to your workout and change the distance you ran in that workout.
            I should have added the disclaimer that in my limited experience with this (I use my gps like 4 times a year) the maps that are created by garmin import are HUGE...they have like a million way points.  So its easier and faster to just draw a new map, retracing your steps.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep, and for long maps, such as 50k maps, trying to create one using real GPS data slows every browser I have ever tried to a slog when you go in and try to edit.

Eric?

Prince of Fatness

Well, I don't really care about saving the map as a course, and 99% of the time I run familiar routes so I know how far I ran within a 10th of a mile.  So for the occasional times when the GPS data is significantly off I am OK just changing the distance of the workout and leaving the GPS data as is.

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

MrPHinNJ,

You can't edit the data right now.  The reason is mostly due to the slowness of the GPS maps.  I am using the Javascript version of it, which as Trent pointed out, is horrendously slow, especially if you have a long route.  Once I migrate the map over to use Flash, I'll add the editing capabilities.

eric :-)

Prince of Fatness

OK.  Thanks, Eric.

Not at it at all. 

I use SportTracks mainly for editing the route to get the proper mileage, then go to RA and edit the workout data. I only upload to SportTracks when I've run an unfamiliar route much like you were talking about, so I can confirm the mileage. Once I know the route, I can easily tell if the mileage is accurate enough to leave it be when uploaded to RA.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life