running into a train trestle not a good idea (Read 1182 times)

Because I run in the dark so much I usually end up doing something stupid every couple months or so. If I'm not hitting my head on something I am tripping on the road and scraping up my knees. I am always happy when shorts season rolls around so I'm not tearing the knees out of long running pants.

GatsbyBird

This is little bit gross but we're already talking about bloody gore, right?  I was a couple miles from home last year when I felt my nose running a bit.  I blew my nose in my shirt like I usually do and continued.  Felt my nose running again a little later, and blew it a couple more times in my shirt.  Then I actually looked down and noticed my shirt was covered in blood.  Whoops, bloody nose.  I rinsed my shirt out in the sink of a nearby cafe.  Everyone was exceedingly nice about it but no one offered to take pictures.  At least I could continue my run and no hospital visit was required.

Moral of the story: Yes, you should look at what came out of your nose after you blow it.  

3/30/24 Rattlesnake Dick 25k, Cool, CA

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Ouch, ouch, and ouch. I didn't realize running was so dangerous- maybe I should spend more time in the recliner.

so Chuck, you"ve never gotten your foot stuck in a recliner?

This is little bit gross but we're already talking about bloody gore, right?  I was a couple miles from home last year when I felt my nose running a bit.  I blew my nose in my shirt like I usually do and continued.  Felt my nose running again a little later, and blew it a couple more times in my shirt.  Then I actually looked down and noticed my shirt was covered in blood.  Whoops, bloody nose.  I rinsed my shirt out in the sink of a nearby cafe.  Everyone was exceedingly nice about it but no one offered to take pictures.  At least I could continue my run and no hospital visit was required.

Moral of the story: Yes, you should look at what came out of your nose after you blow it.  

Ewwww, I usually just turn my head to the side and blow a snot rocket. Really makes the wife gag when she is running with me.