The Last Time I Ran Outdoors Was... (Wimpiest Runner Contest) (Read 245 times)

Walk-Jogger

January 1st.

I haven't run a single step outdoors since January 1st. Let's see who can top that? I've run about 182 miles on the indoor 200 meter track since January 2nd, which is over 1,400 laps. Because I don't like to run outdoors in winter and get cold. It's finally above freezing here, so I may venture outdoors this weekend, if the warm-up holds. 

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

If not for a quick 1.5 mile jaunt to run back from dropping my car off for repair, I would have zero outdoor running this year.  But I guess you beat me because of that little run.

Other than that I'd have you beat, it has been all treadmill aside from that since around Dec 28th.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Last Saturday. Did an 11-miler with friends and a group from the local running club.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Yesterday.

We'll see how tomorrow goes with the snowpocalypse in full swing.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

an amazing likeness

I've run about 182 miles on the indoor 200 meter track since January 2nd, which is over 1,400 laps....

You are a beast...that's some serious mental juju.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I don't have a treadmill and only ran 7 times in January.

But I did run Tuesday outside.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

January 1st.

I haven't run a single step outdoors since January 1st. Let's see who can top that? I've run about 182 miles on the indoor 200 meter track since January 2nd, which is over 1,400 laps. Because I don't like to run outdoors in winter and get cold. It's finally above freezing here, so I may venture outdoors this weekend, if the warm-up holds. 

I've only run outside 2-3 times in about 5 weeks. I also run on a 200m indoor track. I often have it all to myself so I have grown to kind of enjoy just putting on some music and zoning out. I have to say I enjoy it more, wearing a tank and shorts, than putting on 3 layers of clothes and wrangling with snowbanks, unshoveled sidewalks, and utter filth everywhere.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

I did my 8 mile long run outside yesterday, because I just couldn't face 8 miles on the treadmill.  In retrospect, I'm not sure it was the right choice.  There was nice moonlight, but it was still a slog - after dark, temps in the teens, just enough breeze and flurries to be really miserable.  Over all, about 2 minutes slower pace than I would likely have done on the treadmill.  E.G 1:50 total time instead of 1:35.

So, I'm not a wimp, but I'm not sure that's a good thing.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I have 3 outdoor runs this year.  In part due to weather and very few roads with shoulder lacking 3' or taller snowbank, in part due to having maybe 10 days so far that I've not been in lung Hell, and in part because I now have a crappy free dreadmill that has made me soft.  I've already decided that if next Winter shows even the slightest hint of being a repeat of this one that we will be investing in a much better one.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have run inside once in the past 6 years.  I regret it. 

Running is dumb.

TripleBock

I have run outdoors twice this year - I decided running a 50k trail race (WI) was a good idea, so a few weeks before the race I did 10 miles on trails with 6 inches of fresh podwer.  The 10 miles took almost 2.5 hours.  The trail race had 3-4 inches of fresh powder and it was 10 degrees, it also sucked for 6 hours and 26 minutes.

I like running on TM, it does not have to be winter for me to run on it.

I will be hitting #3 run outside this year Saturday morning, we are out of town skiing and if I want to get a run in, it will be my only choice.

Starting in March I will ease back to outside.  Winter may last all month, but I start setting goals of 10-20-40-50% mileage outside.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Joann Y

8 runs outside this year. To be fair, 3 of those were in Miami. I really didn't think I had been out there that much, so I'm happy with that.

I started making a slow return to running mid-January after two months of serious illness and injury.  And today was my first outdoor run.  It was probably a terrible idea, because the snow is all uneven, and I felt like my lower legs were on fire, just from trying to stabilize my ankles.  Back to the treadmill for me- at least until some of this snow melts!

Back in the saddle, after three years off...

Goals- To stay healthy and uninjured...

Twice in 2014. The treadmill and I are seeing each other almost exclusively this year. Sad

Still kicking

I ran a half on New Years day, and a 4 mile race on Super Bowl Sunday. Other than that, my miles have been treadmill miles. That's going to change tomorrow. Forecast is for 60, and the last of the snow melted off the streets today.

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava