Sudden Death / Running / OT Long Post (Read 283 times)

Believe

I too am sorry for your loss.  Lost my Mother In Law who I was very close too in 2011.  She would always ask me after race day "is that a new T-shirt"?  Yes mom.  So now at every packet pick up I just look up and go yes mom it is a new t-shirt.  Take care sir.

delicate flower

Damn, that's rough.  Sad

<3

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jay.  I can't imagine how painful it must be to face the unexpected death of your beloved spouse.  I'm glad you came back and told us about it, and I'm really glad that running is helping you cope.  If your town has a grief support group, it might help. I hope you can find strength and peace.

GinnyinPA

I have two friends who lost their spouses within a week, one after a long and painful cancer battle and the other completely out of nowhere. I have followed their journey over the past year, along with another friend who lost his wife very suddenly a few years ago.  It will take time to create a new normal in your life. Give yourself time to grieve. Take care of yourself as best you can, finding joy in the small moments and the good memories. Being busy can help, but there will be times you won't want to do anything but feel the pain. It won't go away, but you will be able to deal with it better as time passes..

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Sorry. : (

I can’t relate as I have not experienced this.  What I can say is that my grandmother was my biggest cheerleader.  She would watch my kids so I could run, anytime.  I was a single mother when my kids were young so it meant a lot.  She always asked me how things went.  She always encouraged me to run, because she knew it was precious time taking care of myself.  I lost her in February, 2012.  Since then I always talk to her when I run.  I know she is cheering me on somewhere.

Sorry for your loss.

I have not had anything as traumatic happen, but every time I've had some deep emotional distress such as a death of family or friend, or pet, or even break-ups, running has been my panacea. I find it to be a form of mediation.

Repeating this.

Eisenmench

<3's heckin long zoomies

Sorry for your loss. Your story of coping with this loss is touching. I hope you are able to accomplish your goal of honoring your wife.

Started running - 2014

1st marathon - 2017

Still trying to figure out a good training plan that works for me.