Other running sites (Read 2459 times)

Feeling the growl again

Ah last year, I thought I was 60kg, checked and found I wasnt, very dissapointed to find out how much I had lost in a year and a bit. Also worried tbh.

I thought you were taking your ball and going home.  Did you forget your blankie?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Believe

is he gone yet?  Please say yes.

jules2

We have to keep posting here everyday because the ego behind jayskydee will not being able to resist checking to see if there are more people who have fallen for his ( working on the assumption that women are not so stupid ) cunning plans.

It reminds me of a song that I've half forgotten

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you
        You're so vain, I'll bet you think this post is about you
        Don't you? Don't You?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

xor

Maybe he's with some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend.

When I was a kid, I didn't have a problem with the lyric "they were clouds in my coffee".  Now that I'm older, that has become one of the bigger WTF lyrics on my list.

jules2

With me it was Bob Marley when he sang about "the roof rack over my head"Confused

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

MrH

In Bohemian Rhapsody it was "Spare him his life from these pork sausages".

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

Oh now, we've forked a process to talk about misheard lyrics.  Fine.  I still wanna know about the Stiddley Odely Woman and the Beetle-Aid Woman in Black Dog.

Menace to Sobriety

Correction:  lose it without getting dehydrated or malnourished!

Don't forget decapitated!

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

C-R

Oh now, we've forked a process to talk about misheard lyrics.  Fine.  I still wanna know about the Stiddley Odely Woman and the Beetle-Aid Woman in Black Dog.

Hmm I always wondered why CCR would sing about the Bathroom on the Right.

Was there something wrong with the one on the left.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tramps

Ozzy and Sabbath in "Behind the Wall of Sleep":

"Deadly pretzels with strange power."

Confused

I still hear it that way every time.

Be safe. Be kind.

Intentionally Blank

This Christmas, my daughter asked why they were singing "Let us know, let us know, let us know."

xor

Ozzy and Sabbath in "Behind the Wall of Sleep":

"Deadly pretzels with strange power."

Confused

I still hear it that way every time.

This song is good because it gives us the rare "Ozzy Double".

See, any "good" Ozzy song is contractually obligated to contain the lyric "Oh no!", "Oh yeaaaah!", or "Alright now!"

And this one has two.  Second at no charge.

Plus deadly pretzels.  Oh yeah.

Imminent Catastrophe

Maybe he's with some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend.

When I was a kid, I didn't have a problem with the lyric "they were clouds in my coffee".  Now that I'm older, that has become one of the bigger WTF lyrics on my list.

Oh. I thought it was clowns in my coffee. Never mind.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Tramps

Oh. I thought it was clowns in my coffee. Never mind.

Which, of course, would make much more sense.

"Ozzy double."  I like that.

Be safe. Be kind.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey