Like, oh my god, what am I going to WEAR? (Read 794 times)

The weather this weekend for Richmond, as of 10:01 a.m. EST today ( Tongue), is Saturday’s low (around 7am): 36 Noon Temp: 51 Afternoon High: 57 I was planning on running in shorts/ skirt and a tshirt, but I'm thinking it might be too chilly for that. The race starts at 8:00 and I should will be done just before noon. I'm thinking shorts, a long sleeved shirt, and gloves. I would perfer not to wear tights -- I think I will get too warm. Thoughts?
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd go with skirt, long sleeves, gloves that you can ditch. Though it was below freezing at the start of my recent HM and I had a shirt with sleeves that roll over to cover the hands. There was no breeze and I didn't need to cover my hands. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

think it's good to be a little chilly at the starting line you will definitely warm up during the day. disposable gloves and maybe long sleeve Tshirt are a good idea

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I bet you won;t need tights because, as a rule, legs don't get cold when you're racing. There's just too much muscle and blood, bend and flex going on down there for the cold to get in.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

I have been watching that too. It started out as 40 for a low and is now at 34 for low. My plan right now is to wear shorts/long sleeve shirt/gloves. If it gets any colder then I may opt to wear my unlined wind pants that I run in during the winter.
            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
            va

shorts long sleeve tech short over short sleeve tech short gloves a fleece pull-over that I will discard once I warm up subject to change, as I keep changing my mind, and the forecast keeps getting colder...
                Thanks everyone. I have disposable gloves from the Baltimore Half (got 'em in the goodie bag)... am thinking shorts, long sleeved tee, gloves, and a cheap hat I can toss. I think you lose a lot of your body heat through your head ( Confused ), so I'll put on a warm hat and toss it once I warm up. Va, I was thinking the same thing: forecast keeps changing --- and getting colder!
                  Lots of good thoughts mentioned above. I will add an idea I picked up on this site (I think it was MikeyMike) was to purchase inexpensive gardening gloves from a Dollar Store/Hardwear Store. You can easily disgard them along the route and pay no mind to the cost. I actually had a friend pick me up several pair so I always have a ready supply. I would also strongly recommend a green (or your choice of colour) garabage bag to wear to the start. I'll admit when I first heard this idea I thought it was a bit ridiculous, and yes, you'll look stupid. BUT, I wore one to the start line in Columbus and let me tell you it kept me toasty warm until the gun went off. It's cheap, light to pack, easy to disgard and does a fantastic job cutting the wind. Just poke a hole in the top and pull it down over you. Don't bother with arm holes. Keep them tucked inside and to hold the bottom snug against your waist. Good luck, Trishie. Can't wait to read your report.

madness baby

By shorts, Trish, do you mean a skirt? Tongue Stay warm out there! You're going to have a great race!
                    deb
                      Lots of good thoughts mentioned above. I will add an idea I picked up on this site (I think it was MikeyMike) was to purchase inexpensive gardening gloves from a Dollar Store/Hardwear Store. You can easily disgard them along the route and pay no mind to the cost. I actually had a friend pick me up several pair so I always have a ready supply. I would also strongly recommend a green (or your choice of colour) garabage bag to wear to the start. I'll admit when I first heard this idea I thought it was a bit ridiculous, and yes, you'll look stupid. BUT, I wore one to the start line in Columbus and let me tell you it kept me toasty warm until the gun went off. It's cheap, light to pack, easy to disgard and does a fantastic job cutting the wind. Just poke a hole in the top and pull it down over you. Don't bother with arm holes. Keep them tucked inside and to hold the bottom snug against your waist. Good luck, Trishie. Can't wait to read your report.
                      GREAT idea ... I always mean to do this and then forget. SHould I get the heavy duty bags? Tongue
                      By shorts, Trish, do you mean a skirt?
                      Perhaps. Wink
                        I always say, don't worry what you wear, as long as you remember your shoes Big grin
                        va

Yikes, weather.com is now predicting "AM showers".
                            Yikes, weather.com is now predicting "AM showers".
                            Yea- been watching that. They were on Thurs, moved to Fri P.M., now Sat A.m. Maybe they will slow a little more and go to Sat. P.M. or just go away.
                            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                            va

yea, we need the weather pendulum to swing back the other way... I am not a big cold weather runner. I usually head indoors when the temps get below 60...
                                SHould I get the heavy duty bag?
                                I don't think it matters too much. I just grabbed whatever was under the sink at the time. With the possibility of rain, I think you'll benefit greatly from this approach. Obviously you'll get wet while you're running, but if you can stay dry until then all the better. HTFU all y'all.