So I ran and ran and ran (Read 717 times)

GKA

GKA

My longest run so far has been 10.5 miles. Today I hoped to extend that to somewhere between 11 and 12 miles. I have found a wonderful trail along the SF Bay. About 3 miles into the run, there are jack rabbits, birds, and today even a snake, and of course the wild flowers are blooming; apologies to those of you who are still waiting for spring tempratures to arriveWink. When I reached my planned turnaround I just felt like running a little longer. When I got home I mapped out the route and found that I had run almost 14 miles, at a 10:20 pace. Big grin Understandably miles 10-12 were a little rough; my legs felt stiff however my breathing was always easy. I am tired now and planning on just doing Pilates tomorrow and then out again on Wednesday for an easy run. A couple of weeks ago several of you advised me "to run more, run slowly, and sometimes run hard". I have tried to follow that advice and have really enjoyed my runs more. I know that I may have pushed a little too hard today, it just felt so good. Wink Do you think that I could be ready for a flat HM at the end of May?
    "Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You just ran 14 miles. I would think you just proved you're capable of running a HM. Also, congratulations Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

Uh...yeah! By the end of may you will rock a HM

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

GREAT JOB --- you just ran 14 miles at a 10:20 pace, and this was just a fun pleasant run for you.... Can you run a HALF in May --- Man you just did it in non racing conditions, so enter your race and the extra adrenaline from the race and your in will make it all the better.....You will be just fine -- 10:20 pace gets you a HALF in about 2:15....but you'll probably run faster in the actual race so I would expect you to easily beat 2:15........ You're ready......Big grinShockedBig grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Of course you are ready for the half marathon. I'll even say you will probably beat the 2 hour mark. Your 15 K is faster than mine, and my recent half marathon was 1:59:30.