First sub 11:00 2 mile!!! (Read 965 times)

I don't believe it. I have ran under 11 min in the 2 mile. (Not to toot my own horn.) I ran a 5:20 then a 5:24 mile. I did not belive my time at the finish line, mainly because i was not the very tired. At my next track meet i hope to run under 11:40 and hopefully about 11:33 at state track. I'm a freshman this year and looking to improve my times a lot over the next few years. Smile
    JakeKnight

I don't believe it. I have ran under 11 min in the 2 mile. (Not to toot my own horn.) I ran a 5:20 then a 5:24 mile. I did not belive my time at the finish line, mainly because i was not the very tired. At my next track meet i hope to run under 11:40 and hopefully about 11:33 at state track. I'm a freshman this year and looking to improve my times a lot over the next few years. Smile
      This part of the board is all about tooting your own horn. So toot away. Nice job! I'm especially impressed with the steady pace. Could you keep it up for another 1.1 miles? What's your 5-k PR?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

The Greatest of All Time

Very impressive young man, very impressive indeed. Keep your focus, don't get stupid, and run your way right into college. Congratulations!!!!
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          Nice race Dillon. There's a difference between being a braggart and getting all excited about having run a good race. I interpreted yours as the getting excited kind. It'a great motivation for you and also those who read about it. Didn't you mean to say that you hope to run under 10:40 at next meet and 10:33 at state, rather than 11:40 and 11:33? Good luck and keep up the good work.
          Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
            Great job! I don't really know what else to say other than keep up the hard work. Sub eleven is not easy (I know, I've tried), especially because the two mile is a tough race. Good luck getting down to 10:33, and good luck in states (jeez, that's still a month or so away up here in MA)...
            PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job! That's a great time for a freshman. Keep working hard and you'll see that time drop steadily. Smile
                Wow! I run like that too...but then I wake up from the dream Big grin I'm duly impressed.

Another Passion

Congratulations! And, like JK said... toot away! Wink

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com