RunningAhead Refugees -- (Read 2276 times)

Hip Redux

yeah you have been. Just because you run doesn't mean you can put a bunch of crap in your body and it's ok.

Dude, pssssst, it's a JOKE.

MrNamtor

you are a cupcake....remember.

alright fine whatever. Seriously I'm just messing with everyone. I really don't care that much.

Hip Redux

No.  It's so you can drink beer.

No beer for the gluten free.

Sad face.

MrNamtor

Dude, pssssst, it's a JOKE.

ok ok, got it. fine.

MrNamtor

i love every one here. Seriously. Any one who wants to come into my belly is totally welcome to do so.

And this thread was started for RA originals, so if you don't like it, then leave.

A chat thread on the SERIOUS BUSINESS forum.

Kalsarikännit

No.  It's so you can drink beer.

Amen. Is every thread going to be turned into people talking about shoving lard in their yap hole? Crap. Eat a salad, already.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Hip Redux

Amen. Is every thread going to be turned into people talking about shoving lard in their yap hole? Crap. Eat a salad, already.

I can't have beer.

Actually, I can't have cupcakes either.

So just let me live my little dream on the interwebs about eating lard and sugar covered in glutenny goodness!      

LRB

A chat thread on the SERIOUS BUSINESS forum.

Or one on jogging.

MrNamtor

I can't have beer.

Actually, I can't have cupcakes either.

So just let me live my little dream on the interwebs about eating lard and sugar covered in glutenny goodness!      

didn't mean to get on you about cupcakes. that was a case of friendly fire anyway, my friend. I'm going to eat a cup cake tonight in a gesture of atonement.

bhearn

Listen flippy, they can say anything they want about me or you. But wcrunner? They need to lay off him. He's the best of us. And of them too, I'm sure of it.

FWIW -- I started the "Dear newcomers" thread that struck a nerve with wcrunner, that caused some RA backlash. That was never my intention.

Seriously, when I wrote that post, I was quite concerned that it might be taken in the way wcrunner took it. I was relieved to see that, for the most part, it wasn't. I don't hold anything against wcrunner for reading my post as "a begrudging acceptance of RW BF refugees", where "we were only welcome if we created and kept to our own little corner (user group) unless we toed the line and kept strictly to custom and what appeared to be a very rigid format".

What we have here is not just a culture mismatch, but more importantly a perception mismatch. RA people are used to how RA works; RWOL people are used to how RWOL works. I felt that someone had to point out some of the mechanical differences in how the site worked. Nobody else was doing so in an obvious manner, so I gave it a shot. It was pretty apparent to me that it was not clear to RWOL posters that they were drastically altering the experience RA users were used to. 

My welcome was sincere, however. I don't want you to all to go hide in your own corner and not bother us. And I'm sure this will all settle down. 

A Saucy Wench

You put lard in your pies?  OK it makes a flaky crust but sheesh. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

MrNamtor

Namtor, give it a fucking rest already. You need to get off your high horse. We invaded their turf. They are having fun at our expense. Get over it. Stop making the rest of us look bad because you are acting like an ignorant dickhead.

Noodle, you need to really start speaking your mind and stop holding back.

I can read between the lines here and tell that underneath your carefully chosen words you're a little peeved with me. Am I right?

LRB

bhearn, you have gone above and beyond the call in welcoming us...and I for one, do not believe one word of it. 

Tell me what you really think, and what's in that pipe, northern lights or skunk # 1  : : ahem : : menthol or regular?

No Talent Drips

Finally had my second shit today. 

Dei Gratia