RunningAhead Refugees -- (Read 2276 times)

Chasing the bus

I love this thread! I came here for the log a couple of weeks ago (pre-invasion), and the forum was nice, but quiet. I hadn't quite found a home ( I have now), but I liked it. Back at the-shithole-that-shall-not-be-named, I'd been hanging out for 6 months and felt like I never would belong. The sheer volume of dailies coming at me choked the substance out of the main pages, they were obviously cliques and i didnt know the rules and I found myself gravitating to the smaller subgroups. In contrast, what you guys have here is golden, and you'd be crazy to NOT try to keep it. I know you all know this. Also, I cut my toenails just for this post. In my Paul Harvey voice..."page 4"

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
    Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

xhristopher

I love this thread! I came here for the log a couple of weeks ago (pre-invasion), and the forum was nice, but quiet. I hadn't quite found a home ( I have now), but I liked it. Back at the-shithole-that-shall-not-be-named, I'd been hanging out for 6 months and felt like I never would belong. The sheer volume of dailies coming at me choked the substance out of the main pages, they were obviously cliques and i didnt know the rules and I found myself gravitating to the smaller subgroups. In contrast, what you guys have here is golden, and you'd be crazy to NOT try to keep it. I know you all know this. Also, I cut my toenails just for this post. In my Paul Harvey voice..."page 4"

Thankfully first impressions aren't always lasting. I was quite put off by your post in this thread. I got the feeling I was only welcome if I trimmed and kept my toenails in perfect order (short). I still took the time to read through all the other posts. Some of them even reflected a warm welcome rather than a begrudging acceptance of RA refugees. I'll chalk up first impressions to my own insecurity and not be reactionary to the whole group. Please don't prove me wrong.

bhearn

Hi all, bhearn reporting in. Did I make it out in time? Where is the new swamp?

Hi all, bhearn reporting in. Did I make it out in time? Where is the new swamp?

No one cares about Rule 1 anymore, it seems...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Imminent Catastrophe

I ran 6 miles with the dog today. It was 58° and sunny. My heel felt OK.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bhearn

See, I didn't even know about rule 1. Is it something like this?

#artbydmcbride

Good thing you are so cute......

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cardio...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slice

Hey, y'all! I haven't burned any calories today but I did eat breakfast. Twice. Now on to lunch. Maybe I will run. I'm still hobbling from something called the Monkey so it's unlikely. But I'm glad to see everyone here! Oh. My log is public. Look away if you want to be confused by the peaks and valleys in mileage.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

What is your favorite month to train?  

Village people

Like Fight Club?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Hi every one.  I'm here too.

No breakfast for me just black coffee.  I had to have blood drawn this morning.

It took a very nice, self conscious noob three vials and both of my arms

to get two small vials of blood.   I was so tired when I got home that I almost didn't run.

But I just knew that I would feel sooo guilty if I didn't.  So I did Smile  Yea!

Now, I think that I should have breakfast... and lunch.   But then I am counting 

calories.    Hmmm?  What do you think?

steph  

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I thought Rule 34 was the "new" thing.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

No Talent Drips

Almost every day, I have two bowel movements by 10am. "Two-by-ten-Tim" they call me at work. Most everybody knows which bathroom is mine.

Today, I have only had one BM. My run at lunch was more heel-strikey than usual.

Dei Gratia

Does anyone know if there's someplace I can talk about loosing weight and chaffing problems?