workout comments (Read 1626 times)

i have another running log at running2win.com, but i also use this one because everyone on my team starting using this one. one thing that is cool about running2win is that it allows you to makes comments about other peoples workouts, i think that would be a good addition to this site.
    eric :)

Hi sully2010, That's a good idea and I've put it on my list of things to do. I'll consider adding it for the next release because it's been asked for before. eric Smile

Dad, Runner, Programmer

Hi Eric,

Any chance this feature is coming soon?  I have a bunch of fellow runner friends who I've been telling about this site.  I think once they get on, this would be the best new feature.

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

The log owner should probably get some mechanism to remove undesired comments.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
          Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Or the comments come to the owner privately until s/he approves them.

Dad, Runner, Programmer

Or, maybe have this feature combined with a friends feature that allows only friends that you've added to comment on each other's workouts. My current group of running friends are using Google spreadsheets and we are commenting on each other's workouts, mostly with inspiring thoughts, and it's really been a big motivator for everyone.  I would love to be able to do that here.

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

Feeling the growl again

I think this would be a nice feature...I'd actually dislike if it was limited to some sort of "friends" list (which seems cumbersome for Eric to create)...ability to erase specific comments would be ideal though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

I think this would be a nice feature...I'd actually dislike if it was limited to some sort of "friends" list (which seems cumbersome for Eric to create)...ability to erase specific comments would be ideal though.

Yes.  Or require the owner of the log to 'approve' the comments before they become publicly viewable.

I have to agree with everyone's desire to have this feature added to the site.  I would LOVE to have my friends be able to post some motivational comments to help keep each other moving towards our goals.

While some of my friends use this site, we have to maintain another site too.  The only reason we have the other site is in order to comment on each others progress.

This site is already excellent, but having the ability to comment would take it over the top as the best site (a one-stop shop) for all of our training log needs!

2012 Goals: 

• Complete River To Sea Race
                    • Bike 1000 Miles
                    • Run 300 Miles
                    • Lose 15 pounds

I use that other website, to log my runs. The comments on workouts is a great feature.

RA has the better forum section, plus mapping (one of the 1st reasons I started using RA).

Get off my porch

Scout7

So, from what it looks like, you want ericSmile to rebuild Facebook for you.

Sound close?

Prince of Fatness

Maybe it's just me but I have no interest in this.  I can see my log becoming just another extension of messaging.  We already have the forums and private messaging.  I don't want to deal with the clutter (not that anyone would comment on my lack of training these days).

Eric, if you add this feature please allow for the ability to disable it.

Not at it at all. 

So, from what it looks like, you want ericSmile to rebuild Facebook for you.

Sound close?

huh? zero interest in a facebook clone. (I only created one because of the DW, and look at it once every 6 months, maybe) 

Doesn't look like this is a pressing desire, anyway. This threads only 4 years old. Guess everyone is using Facebook for this feature?

Get off my porch

Maybe it's just me but I have no interest in this.  I can see my log becoming just another extension of messaging.  We already have the forums and private messaging.  I don't want to deal with the clutter (not that anyone would comment on my lack of training these days).

Eric, if you add this feature please allow for the ability to disable it.

Have to agree. My runs post to Facebook and my "Friends" can comment on them if they choose. 

Facebook is old school. Now we must have a Google+ clone.