Runkeeper upload trouble. (Read 1133 times)

npaden

I went to upload a zipped file this morning from Runkeeper and when I imported it the maps and graphs weren't working.

I deleted the workout and tried to just import the gpx file and it's not letting me I guess because the deleted one is still there or something?

Any way to clear it so I can try again?

Thanks, Nathan

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

npaden

I reloaded the zip file, but it just brought in the summary information again, not the map and graphs.

It worked earlier when I did all of 2011 in one zip file.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

eric :)

Hi Nathan,

Please see the private message that I sent you.

Nathan,

There is a problem in the GPX file within the RunKeeper exported file. The importer can't read it properly, which is why the map data is missing.

If you're not using the latest version of the app, consider updating it to see if it fixes the problem.  If not, you should contact them.  If enough people bug them about it, maybe they'll fix it.  Tell them that the GPX file is missing the </trkseg> end tag if the data contains multiple laps/splits/intervals.  To work around it for now, you should not create new laps/splits/intervals.

eric Smile

npaden

Ahh, my phone accidently paused once during the run so that must have been the problem.

I'll send them an email on it, unlike RA, they typically are not very responsive to issues though.

Thanks, Nathan

chaswagner

Hey everyone. It's Chas from over here at RunKeeper support. The RunKeeper GPX import issue should be resolved now.

Please let us know if you have any other problems, either here on this thread or over at support@runkeeper.com.

Thanks,

Chas Wagner

npaden

Am I missing something on getting my heart rate information to upload into my log here?

I thought it was because I was just importing the GPX, but now I'm doing the full zip file and it still isn't bringing in the heart rate numbers.

Not sure if this is just not an option or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks, Nathan

npaden

Having trouble uploading again.  Seems like it is any workout with any kind of a pause or an edit, even editing the notes.   I'll post on runkeepers site as well.

Could you send me the file you're trying to upload so I can take a look?

Hi, This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get the zipped file from RunKeeper?  I've looked, but can't find an option for it anywhere.  Do you have to have a paid subscription?  Thanks. :-)

npaden

Hi, This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get the zipped file from RunKeeper?  I've looked, but can't find an option for it anywhere.  Do you have to have a paid subscription?  Thanks. :-)

Click on the little down arrow next to your name up in the top right hand corner.  Then select "settings".

Underneath your profile information there is a little hotlink that says "export data".

Nathan,

The files you sent me have the same problem as your initial problem report.  According to Chas that posted in this thread, there is a new version of RunKeeper which fixes this problem.

As for the missing hr data, GPX itself does not support hr data.  However, it does allow publishers (i.e. RunKeeper) to enhance it.  Without knowing what RunKeeper did to store the HR data, I can't add support for it.  Anyway, it is now added.

eric Smile

npaden

Thanks.

The only files I am still having trouble with was one with a pause and one that I had edited before trying to import it over here.  I have one other that ended up totally messed up with an extra 54 minutes added to the duration that I just manually entered over here.

I am running the latest version of runkeeper on my phone so no idea why it isn't working anymore after they fixed it last time.  Reading their support forum it seems that several others are having similar issues.

When you say "anyway, it is now added" do you mean that the HR data will be imported in the future?  I checked my log and those 2 files are still not showing up.  Do I need to manually try to go and mess with the </trkseg> tag stuff?

Thanks, Nathan

npaden

I went back and added the <trkseg> to the end of the files I was having trouble with and got them loaded.

The Heart Rate stuff is showing up now too!!

Thanks!

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)