Freezing Midsoles? (Read 588 times)

ScuderiaBirel

Nxt Amrcn F1 Chmp

Hi, Yesterday I ran in when it was 10F. The midsoles in my addidas supernova cushion 7's froze and got really hard. My knees are trashed after that! Last year my Nike air pegasis did the same thing. Are their any shoes specifically made for sub freezing temp and have a midsole that stays soft? Thanks,
    "You cannot be afraid, if you are afraid you shouldnt be in racing" Luca Luhr
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NB used to tout their "FL" midsole as remaining pliable and soft under cold conditions, but I haven't found it to be much different than any other cushioning foam. The best shoe I have found (granted, I pretty much only wear NB due to stupid wide feet) for Winter running, cushioning-wise is the 902/903. It's a less dense, squishier, lighter-weight foam. I think the fact that it's more squishy in warmer temps helps keep it from being as negatively affected by the cold. The worst shoe I ever wore in the Winter was the 767...I recall other people having similar experiences with that shoe. So maybe any lightweight, flexible performance shoe would be better during cold temps...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

If someone called Barefoot Rick responds to your question, ignore him.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

JOHNMAGGIO

Would it be possible to buy a upgraded insert and replace the reg. insert. This may add a little bit under foot to get you through the runs. The upgrades tend to be a bit thicker, and they dont have to be as aggressive as you think as far as arch etc...
          www.nbannapolis.com
            If someone called Barefoot Rick responds to your question, ignore him.
            LOL. Seems his issue would be more with cold feet in this case. I don't know how he does it.