what to run today? (Read 569 times)

7 miler on Monday...stationary bike for 35 minutes and weights on Tuesday...nothing Yesterday... I am resting Friday and the 20 miler on Saturday, I was thinking another 7 miler today. What ya think?
    2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
      7 miles sounds reasonable. I personally like to do a short run the day before a really long run to keep things loose, so another option might be to do something like 5 today and 2 tomorrow. Good luck on the 20 miler!
        Ben, don't mean to hijack your post but I have a quick question for you. I was looking at your goals for the year (our 5 and 10K goal times are similar as well as our ages and weight)...how close are you to a 6:00 min mile? I would think that if you're able to run a mile that fast coupled with the endurance to run 20 miles that you should be able to blow through 25:30 with zero problems.
        2008 Goals Don't attack the guy that passes me like I'm standing still when I think I'm running fast...I can't catch him anyway and I'd just look silly
          lol...yeah the 6 minute mile will probaly not happen this year Big grin. I ran a 7:07 about 4 weeks ago, I think I could bust the 7:00 minute mark right now. but yeah I ran 3 mile workout last week at 23:56, so I think I can to...only problem is that I will not run a 5K before the marathon I am running...will run a 10k in Sept though.
          2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
            You'll crush the 10K goal. I think a 24:00 5K is about a 50:00 10K. You should shoot for sub 50!
            2008 Goals Don't attack the guy that passes me like I'm standing still when I think I'm running fast...I can't catch him anyway and I'd just look silly
            Asphalt Runner

As long as it's not a trail run.
                Ben, I'm curious... you mentioned in another thread that you are a Galloway runner. When you talk about your 5k and 10k PRs are you doing walk / run in those as well or do you only do the walk / run on the longer runs?
                And who am I anyway?
                Just another fat jogger, evidently.

Nursing student running

Big grin Hi-ya, just checking my avatar.
                  Goals: 08-09' Buy 2 really good bras. Do NOT fall off the running wagon this school year. Run the Turkey Day 5k. Get upto 20 mpw by New Years. Run 10k Triathalon Half Marathon by next summer. Get into some skinny jeans! (all while eating chocolate.)