supportive staff (Read 531 times)

mommyontherun

I am getting ready to run my first half-marathon this weekend and I am very nervous. A teacher friend on mine is also running. When we got to school this morning, all of the teachers and support staff members were wearing sweat suits in our honor. Each teacher brought in a water bottle and put it on my desk. So, by the time I got to school, my desk was full of water bottles. Then, as we were dismissing students, they played the theme song from "Chariots of Fire" over the intercom. Although it was so embarrassing, it felt great to know that I have such a supportive staff. This was a big surprise to us as we only told a few people at work. Now the pressure is definitely on to do our best. Just wanted to share!

Think Whirled Peas

That's really cool!!!! Good luck this weekend, and enjoy it! Oh, and RUN HARD! Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

JakeKnight

The next time I hear yet another in the infinite stream of complaints about non-runners who aren't supportive or who "just don't get it," I'm posting a link to this thread. Good for you for having the support - and for sharing it with us.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Love it. Best of luck to you and your coworker.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

What a great story! Good luck this weekend. Make sure you post a long race report for people like me who haven't done a half marathon yet. I know I'll be nervous, too! Teresa
            Ringmaster

That's FABULOUS! I'm a teacher-turned-stay-at-home-mom and can't imagine what it would take to get a whole school to support two faculty members like that. I hope you can find a way to tell them how much their support and encouragement means to you as runners. Go out and run a great race! Enjoy yourself and give that crowd a great race report (us too)! K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
              Mile by Mile

mommyontherun

Thanks so much! You're right, I am so lucky to have their support! This forum has also been great, support and great info. too! I looked at your profile, Vixidu, we have a lot in common: teachers, age, mom to 2 and 4 year olds (plus a 7 year old) and our running logs are pretty similiar (although, I have not posted mine yet-still new at this).
                  That is so awesome!!! Good luck and enjoy your first HM, please be sure to tell us all about it. Smile

Michelle

Feeling the growl again

That's quite remarkable support! Good luck.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills